Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog has announced its partnership with AICTE’s (All India Council for Technical Education) Institution’s Innovation Councils (IICs) for empowering Atal Tinkering Lab (ATL) school students across India.
- It aims to empower school student innovators across India by equipping them with future ready innovation skills.
- For this purpose, ATLs across India will be adopted by IICs.
- The step is in line with NEP 2020’s (National Education Policy 2020) objective of bridging the gap between schools and Higher Educational Institutions (HEIs).
- While ATL aims to foster a Culture of Innovation at the School level, IIC aims to foster a Culture of Innovation in HEIs.
- Around 7200+ ATLs across India with IICs 2500+ Institution Innovation Councils (IICs).
- Through the partnership continuous mentorship support will be provided to ATLs.
- The adoption process will see actions of online mentoring, lecture sessions, group projects, visits of key stakeholders from both sides.
- Through ATL & IICs, the government aims to embed Internet of Things (IoT), Robotics, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, 3D, Blockchain, Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality etc. and train students.
- The partnership will provide an opportunity for students to participate in innovation contests and get access to university ecosystem support.
Recent Related News:
i.October 13, 2020, Microsoft has partnered with AICTE to empower students, educators in Next-Generation Technology such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT), Data Science and Cloud Computing.
About All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE):
Chairman – Anil D. Sahasrabudhe
Headquarters – New Delhi