The Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) – Forensic Service, Delhi, has won the SKOCH Award 2021(Silver) in the Governance category for its work towards combating Crime and Violence against Children.
The award was presented during the 78th SKOCH Summit held on 6th January 2022.
The summit was organised with the theme “State of Governance”.
- Deepa Verma, Director of Rohini based FSL received the award on behalf of the FSL.
- FSL is a scientific department and a stakeholder in the criminal-trial process that focus on examination of the cases related to crime and violence against children, due to physical, sexual, financial, or emotional suffering.
The SKOCH award, instituted in 2003 is the highest civilian honour in India conferred by an independent organization to recognise the people, projects and institutions that work to build a better India.
SKOCH Literature Award 2021:
The SKOCH Literature Award 2021 was presented to the book titled ‘Rising to the China Challenge: Winning Through Strategic Patience and Flexible Policies’ authored by leading members of Pune International Centre(PIC).
- The book was published in 2021 by Rupa Publications India Ltd.
- The book was based on the 2020 Galwan Valley clash provoked by China.
Dr Ajit Ranade, Executive President & Chief Economist of the Aditya Birla Group; Dr Raghunath Mashelkar, Dr Vijay Kelkar, Dr Ganesh Natarajan, Ambassador Gautam Bambawale, former Indian ambassador to China, Pakistan and Bhutan; and Prof. Ajay Shah.
Dr Ajit Ranade, one of the co-authors, and founder members of PIC have received the award at the ceremony held at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi (in December 2021).
- The SKOCH Literature Awards recognise the books on public policy.
- The SKOCH Public Policy LITFest endeavours to bring public policy literature to the forefront of public discourse and decision making.
Other Awardees of SKOCH Literature Award 2021:
i.Amar Patnaik, Member of Parliament (Rajya Sabha) for the book titled “Institutional Change and Power Asymmetry in the Context of Rural India”.
ii.Manish Tewari, Member of Parliament (Lok Sabha) for the book titled “10 Flash Points 20 Years”
iii.Tamal Bandyopadhyay, Consulting Editor, Business Standard & Senior Adviser, Jana Small Finance Bank, for the book titled “Pandemonium: The Great Indian Banking Tragedy”.