The 24th National Youth Festival (NYF) 2021 was held from 12th to 16th January, 2021. Its closing ceremony was addressed by Union Minister of Textiles and Women and Child Development Smriti Zubin Irani in New Delhi in the presence of Union Minister of State (I/C) for Youth Affairs and Sports Kiren Rijiju.
- The theme of the NYF 2021 was ‘YUVAAH – Utsah Naye Bharat Ka’.
- It should be noted that NYF is celebrated to commemorate the birth anniversary (January 12) of youth icon Swami Vivekananda.
- The youth volunteers of NYKS (Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan) and NSS (National Service Scheme) presented remarkable cultural performances.
- The festival was carried out in three parts and covered genres such as music, dance, regional, theatre and visual arts and more.
Point to be noted:
It is organized by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of India in collaboration with one of the State Governments. But this year it has been organised in virtual mode for the first time due to covid-19 pandemic, without any anchor state.
23rd National Youth Festival 2020 was organized by Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports and State Government of Uttar Pradesh with the theme ‘FIT YOUTH FIT INDIA’.
Aim of NYF:
To propagate the concept of national integration, spirit of communal harmony, brotherhood, courage and adventure amongst the youth by exhibiting their cultural prowess in a common platform.
—Ministry of Youth Affairs is going to launch a big programme on National Girl Child Day on Beti Bachao Beti Padhao in collaboration with Ministry of Women and Child Development.
–The Ministry will also celebrate 125th birth anniversary of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose on a large scale.
–PM addresses Valedictory Function of 2nd National Youth Parliament Festival
The 2nd National Youth Parliament Festival was organized as a part of NYF. Its valedictory function was addressed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi via video conferencing.
- It was also attended by Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla and Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal.
- A total of 2.34 lakh candidates appeared in the district youth parliaments conducted from December 24 to 29, and 1,345 selected candidates district-wise took part in the state youth parliaments held from January 1 to 5.
Recent Related News:
i.On 1st December, 2020 Cabinet Minister of Tribal Affairs, Arjun Munda launched the first ever virtual edition of Aadi Mahotsav, at Madhya Pradesh. Aadi Mahotsav also known as National Tribal festival is conducted to promote the tribal, products, culture thereby increasing Tribal income.
ii.On 1st December, 2020 Nagaland started celebrating the 21st edition of Hornbill festival 2020 from 1st-5th of December organised virtually for the first time due to the pandemic.