World Economic Forum (WEF) has accredited World Bank President Jim Yong Kim and Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff to its Board of Trustees.
- WEF’s board, which acts as a guardian of its independence and impartiality, include international business persons including Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani and PepsiCo chief Indra Nooyi.
About WEF’s Board of Trustees:
- In August 2015, the WEF revised its governing body from Foundation Board to Board of Trustees.
- The members of the board include Jordans Queen Rania, Nestle Chairman Peter Brabech-Letmathe, Bank of England Governor Mark Carney, OECDs Angel Gurria and IMF chief Christine Lagarde.
About Jim Yong Kim:
1959 born Korean American physician and anthropologist, Jim Yong Kim serving as the 12th President of the World Bank, since July 1, 2012.
- He was formerly the head of the Department of Global Health and Social Medicine at Harvard Medical School.
- He was a co-founder and executive director of Partners In Health
- From 2009 to 2012, Kim served as the President of Dartmouth College, becoming the first Asian American president of an Ivy League institution.
- In 2003, he was conferred with MacArthur Fellowship.
About Marc Benioff:
1964 born Marc Russell Benioff is an American internet entrepreneur, author and philanthropist.
- He is the founder, chairman and CEO of com, a cloud computing company.
- He is the creator of the term “platform as a service”.
- He has extended its company’s reach by allowing customers to build their own applications on the company’s architecture, or in the salesforce.com cloud.
He is also the author of three books, including the national best seller “Behind the Cloud”.