The ‘Vigilance Awareness Week’ 2020 is observed in India from October 27 to November 2, 2020 by Central Vigilance Commission (CVC). This year the week is being observed on the theme “Satark Bharat, Samriddh Bharat (Vigilant India, Prosperous India)”.
- In this regard, Prime Minister Narendra Modi virtually inaugurated the three-day National Conference on Vigilance and Anti-Corruption organized by Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on the theme of vigilance week.
- Union Minister of State (Independent Charge), Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), Minister of State (MoS) PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh also addressed the inaugural session.
- The aim of the conference is to raise awareness on vigilance issues.
–The ‘Vigilance Awareness Week’ is observed during the week in which Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel’s birthday falls (October 31).
–The reason behind its observance is corruption which is a major hindrance to the progress of the nation.
–As a part of week CVC urges all organisations to focus on internal (housekeeping) activities which includes improvement of internal processes, time bound disposal of work and systemic improvements leveraging technology.
Recent Related News:
- On 30th August 2020, during the monthly radio broadcast programme “Mann ki Baat”, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced to celebrate the September 2020 as “Poshan Maah” or “Nutrition Month”.
- National Nutrition Week (NNW) is an annual nutrition event observed in India during the First week of September from 1st September to 7th September. The events of NNW are organised by the Food and Nutrition Board of the Ministry of Women and Child Development(WCD) to educate the importance and role of nutrition in the human body.
About Central Vigilance Commission (CVC):
Central Vigilance Commissioner– Sanjay Kothari
Headquarter– New Delhi