On February 22, 2021, the Finance Minister of Uttar Pradesh (UP), Suresh Kumar Khanna, presented Rs 5,50,270.78 crore in the presence of UP Chief Minister (CM) Yogi Adityanath. Notably, this was the state’s and Adityanath government’s first paperless budget and also the largest budget in the history of UP in terms of fund allocation. It marks an increase of around Rs 37,000 cr from the previous year’s budget size.
- This was the 5th budget of the present government.
- The budget’s target is to make Uttar Pradesh “Aatmanirbhar” and ensure all round development of the state including new schemes worth Rs 27,598.40 crore.
Rs 100cr budgeted for new migrant workers scheme “Mukhyamantri Pravasi Shramik Udyamita Vikas Yojana”
With a budget of Rs 100 crore, the UP government has announced Mukhyamantri Pravasi Shramik Udyamita Vikas Yojana under which employment or self employment will be provided to the migrant workers who had come from other States. Notably, around 40 lakh were transported to their native districts during the lockdown in 2020.
Budget aims boost to Agri Sector with Rs 1800cr allocation
In order to boost the agriculture sector and for the farmer’s welfare the UP government earmarked Rs 1,800 crore under various schemes. Additionally, the government allocated Rs 3,098 crore for completion of canal linking projects. Following are the key allocations under agriculture:
- Under the Atma Nirbhar Krishak Samanvit Vikas Yojana Rs 100cr allocated for doubling the farmers’ income by 2022.
- For the Mukhyamantri Krishak Durghatna Kalyan Yojana, an outlay of Rs 600cr is proposed. This scheme provides financial assistance to family of farmers who die or become handicapped while working in fields covering age group of 18-70 years.
- A provision of Rs 700cr has been made for free water facility to farmers.
- A provision of Rs 400cr has been made to provide crop loan to farmers at concessional rates.
Agriculture Targets in FY22:
- Setting up of 15 thousand solar pumps in FY22.
- 644 lakh MT of food grain production and 13 lakh MT of oil seeds production.
- Distribution of 62 lakh 50 thousand quintal seeds.
- 3% of Mandi Parishad’s annual earnings will be set aside for cow protection.
Pipraich sugar mill to be the North India’s 1st to manufacture ethanol directly from sugarcane juice
In the sector of cane development and sugar industry, distillation of 120 kilolitres per day capacity will be established in Pipraich sugar mill which will start in December 2021. It will be the first sugar mill in North India to manufacture ethanol directly from sugarcane juice.
Uttar Pradesh Gaurav Samman
The UP government also decided to confer ‘Uttar Pradesh Gaurav Samman’ on eminent writers and artists who have not been given any other award by the state. Under this scheme, a maximum of five people will be honoured and given a sum of Rs 11 lakh each on an annual basis.
–Under fisheries, two lakh fishermen are proposed to be covered for free Premium under the Machhuwa Durghatna Beema Yojana.
—Rs 243cr has been allocated for the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) that envisages sustainable development of fisheries sector.
–In Horticulture & Food Processing, a provision of Rs 400cr is made for the Pradhanmantri Sookshm Khadya Udyog Unnayan Yojana.
–In the Irrigation and Water Resources sector, budget aim is to complete 8 projects in FY22 worth Rs 3,098 crore including Rs 1,137crore for the Madhya Ganga Nahar project, Rs 976 crore for the Rajghat Nahar project, Rs 610 crore for the Saryu Nahar project, Rs 271 crore for Purvi Ganga Nahar project and Rs 104 crore for the Ken Betwa Link Nahar project.
—A provision of Rs 40 crore is made for the implementation of Uttar Pradesh Food Processing Industry Policy, 2017.
–For Animal Husbandry, the budget aims at upgrading breed, along with animal health, disease control, livestock insurance, construction of new veterinary hospitals and establishment of cow-protection centers as well as setting up of temporary cow-shelter sites are aimed.
- Under the Rashtriya Pashu Rog Niyantran Karyakram, a target has been fixed to eliminate the mouth and foot disease by the year 2030 in the state.
— A sum of Rs 101cr has been earmarked for an upcoming airport in Ayodhya that has been named Maryada Purushottam Shri Ram Airport.
–A sum of Rs 300cr is proposed for the construction of approach roads to the Ram temple being built in Ayodhya.
–A sum of at least Rs 640 crore is allocated for the development and beautification of Ayodhya including Rs 200 crore for Chief Minister Tourism Fiscal Scheme.
–A sum of Rs 15 crore for the year-long commemoration of the Chauri-Chaura incident centenary.
–The budget has also proposed Rs 8cr for the construction of a tribal museum in Lucknow and Rs 4 cr for the construction of freedom fighters’ gallery in Shahjahanpur.
Recent Related News:
i.On January 6, 2021, Yogi Adityanath launched a 3 week long campaign namely “Kisan Kalyan Mission” for the state’s farmer welfare and to double their income. It will be organised in every development block of all 75 districts.
ii.On December 7, 2020, CZA granted recognition to 2 New Zoos – Rajgir Zoo Safari in Nalanda, Bihar & Shaheed Ashfaque Ullah Khan Prani Udyaan in Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh.
About Uttar Pradesh:
Governor – Anandiben Patel