Hello Aspirants !!!
Hardly few weeks left for the 2017 SBI PO Prelim exam. It is better to understand the dynamics of exam first. This is conducted to filter out people in a quick fashion.(Only 40000 will be selected for Mains)
Exam type-100 Q in 60 Minutes (No sectional time limit)
- English-30Q Time that should be Alloted-15 min
- Reasoning-35Q Time that should be Alloted-20 min
- Quantitative Aptitude – 35Q Time that should be Alloted-25 min
ENGLISH-5 topics are asked in the exam (30 Questions)
- RCs – 10 QUESTIONS
- Cloze Test – 5 QUESTIONS
- Para jumble – 5 QUESTIONS
- Spotting Error – 5 QUESTIONS
- Fill in the blanks – 5 QUESTIONS
Now you should skip the RCs and attempt rest all 20 Questions as they are easy as compare to RC(Reading Comprehension)and less time consuming.These 20 Questions will hardly take your 15 minutes and will boost your accuracy.
- In RCs you should attempt the synonyms and antonyms(3-4 Questions) as there is no need to read the full RC just go through a line or two which contain those words and it will work like charm.
- So break up of English is 23 Questions in 15 Minutes
- If you are really good at English you can attempt the whole RC also.
Try our English Question
Quantitative Aptitude – If I have to break up this section also I will break it into 5 topics again which are
- Quadratic Equation – 5 Questions
- Number Series -5 Questions
- Simplification – 5 Questions
- DI (Data Interpretation) – 10 Questions
- Miscellaneous – 10 Questions
You should attempt quadratic equation,number series, Simplification and DI first and in that way you can cover 25 Questions in 20-22 minutes. Don’t try to attempt any of the miscellaneous Questions in the first go.
REASONING–Lets do the break up of this section also
- Type i)Linear Puzzle-8 people facing north south In same Line
- Type ii)Floor puzzle-7 people living on different floors
- Type iii) & iv)2puzzles based on 3 parameters are given like 7 people 7 cities 3 colleges
- Inequality-5 Questions
- Blood relationship-2Questions
- Ranking and direction sense -3 Questions
- Seating Arrangement-5 Questions Circular
Now what you have to do is attempt inequality first as direct Questions are asked after that jump into blood relationship and direction Questions.Then attempt seating arrangement and after that try to attempt two puzzles which have two parametersi.e Type 1 and Type 2.
That way you will be able to do 22-23 Questions in this section also.
ENGLISH -22, QUANTS-25 REASONING-23 and TOTAL-70
Last year cut off was 47.5. For reference I(Gaurav) scored 69.75 marks in SBI PO Pre 2016
In case of further queries feel free to ask and share
A clear vision, backed by definite plans, will gives you a success
Article Penned by Gaurav Mehta
All the Best
With best Regards AC Team