Hello Aspirants, Welcome to SBI PO 2015 Quiz Sections. Here is a set of question with solution in Reasoning based on Sbi po exam. We hope it will helpful for exam. Kindly tell your suggestion in comment section.
(A) If in a row , we know positions of a person from both the ends
say, (a) a th from left
(b) b th from right
then, total no. of persons in row =a +b – 1…………………………..equation 1
Nishu ranked 15th from the top and 24 th from the bottom in a class. How many students are there in the class?
(B)In a row of “c” people, if a person’s position from one end (say a) is known,then his position from other end(say b) is,
using 1 equation ,
total no. of persons in row = a +b – 1
c= a+ b-1
In a row of 15 people, Nishu is 5th from the starting.find his position from the end.
A. 8 th
B. 9 th
C. 11 th
D. 12 th
(C) If in a row,
(i) one person is a th from left
(ii) second is b th from right
and M people sitting between them
then ,total no. of people in row= a + b + M
a+ b – (M +2)
In a row of children, Nishu is 18th from the left end of the row.He is shifted towards the right end of the row by four places, he becomes 5th from the right end.How many children are there in the row?
(D) If in a row,if Sunita and Ritu are a th from left end and b th from right end respectively when they interchange their position Sunita’s position new position is k th from left end then,
total no. of people in row = b + k – 1
In a row of children, Nishu is 7th from the left and Avi is 12th from the right. If they
interchange their positions, Nishu becomes 22nd from the left. What is the total
number of boys in the row?
- In a class of boys Money ranked 16th from the top and 29th from the bottom among those who passed an examination. 6 boys did not participate in the competition and five failed in it. How many boys were there in the class?
ANS- C. 55
44 +failed + not participated =44 + 5 + 6=55
- In a class of 35 students ,komal is placed 7th from bottom whereas suman is placed 9th from top. Rian is exactly in between them.what is komal’s position from Rian?
Ans- B. 10th
Number of students between komal and suman = 35-(7+9)=19
clearly,9 students between komal and Rian as well as suman and Rian
so,komal is 10th from Rian.
- Rohit is 10th from front of the row.there are thrice as many behind him as there are were in front.how many boys are there between Rohit and 5th boy from end ?
Ans- D. 22nd
no. of boys in front of Rohit= 9
no. of boys behind him= 3×9=27
total boys= 9+1+27=37
in arow of 37 boys,the 5th boy from end is clearly 33 th from start (37-5 +1)
so,we have to find no. of boys between 10th and 33 th boy.(33-22-1=33)which is 22nd.
- In a row of boys, Jeeva is 8th from the start and 2nd from the end. In another row of boys, Viku is 10th from the start and 5th from the end. How many boys are there in both the rows together?
Ans- A. 23
in row I = 8+2-1=9
in row II= 10 +5-1=14
- Anuj is 11th from the left and Deepu is 31st from the right end of the row. When they interchange their positions, Anuj becomes 31 from the left end of the row. What is the total number of persons in the row?
Ans- C. 61
31+31-1=61 see last point
- In a row of 21 girls, when Monika was shifted by four places towards the right, she
became 12th from the left end. What was her earlier position from the right end of
Ans- D. 14th
Before shifting,her position 12-4=8th
so earlier 8th from left so, 21-8+1=14th