There are some basic questions for which you can prepare and then there are some questions which are completely guided by your responses. You have to play with your mind and prepare for them beforehand just like we prepare attack lines in chess.
AREA WISE QUESTIONS FOR PERSONAL INTERVIEW:
- How do you determine or evaluate success?
- What academic subjects did you like best? Least?
- What led you to choose the career for which you are preparing?
- What personal characteristics are necessary for succeeding in the career that you are interested in?
- What is your philosophy of life?
- Why have you switched career fields?
- What is your attitude towards working hard?
- What part does your family play in your life?
- What are the most important rewards you expect in your career?
- What is more important to you: money offered, or the type of job?
- Do you enjoy independent research?
- In what kind of a work environment are you most comfortable?
- How would you describe the ideal job for you?
- What two or three things are most important to you in your job?
- Do you prefer working with others or all by yourself?
- How do you like to work?
- Under what conditions do you work best?
- How has your education prepared you for a career?
- Describe your most rewarding college experience.
- Why did you select your college or university?
- If you could, would you plan your academic study differently?
- Do you think grades are a good indication of your academic achievement?
- What have you learnt from participation in extracurricular activities?
- Do you have plans for continuing your studies?
- Why did you pick your programme?
- What courses did you like best or least and why?
- How has your college experience prepared you for this job?
- What causes you to lose your temper?
- Can you take instructions without getting upset?
- Don’t you feel you are a little too old/young for this job?
- With your background, we believe that you are overqualified to join this institute.
- You haven’t had sufficient experience in this field.
- What would irritate you most if I as a manager did it?
*Current market knowledge questions
Current market knowledge can’t be prescriptive – by definition it changes all the time. Make sure you know current key market metrics and have opinions about market trends and a selection of investment ideas.
- What are your opinions on the Greek crisis?
- Where are the 1-year, 5-year, and 10- year Treasury yields?
- What do you think is going to happen with interest rates over the next six months?
- What has the market been doing? Why? What do you think it will do in the coming 12 months?
- How would you hedge against the risk of a Greek default?
- Bank of Baroda Forex Scam
- What is SoftBank?
- Suggest what other sectors can do to create enabling environment for women to reach top posts?