Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Quantitative Aptitude section in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are given some Mixture and Alligations problems that is important for competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in exams !!
- A vessel contains 63 litres of a mixture of milk and water. The ratio of milk to water is 3:4. If 14 litres of mixture is taken out from that vessel and then 6 litres of water added to it,What will be the percentage of milk in the final mixture ?
E)None of theseAnswer -C)38%
Milk : 63 × (3/7) = 27lit
Water : 63 × (4/7) =36lit
Milk in 14 lit mixture = 14 × (3/7) = 6lit
New mixture = (63 – 14 + 6) = 55 lit
Milk in new mix = 27 – 6 = 21
% of milk in the mix = (21/55) × 100 = 38.18% = 38%
- Three vessels whose capacities are in the ratio of 6:3:2 are completely filled with milk and water.The ratio of milk and water in the mixture 2:3 , 4:2 and 5:2. Taking ¼ of first, 1/2 of second and ½ of third , new mixture kept in a new vessel.What is the percentage of water in the new mixture ?
E)None of theseAnswer -B) 42(2/14)%
- A and B are 2 alloys of gold and copper in the ratio 6:3 and 4:7.Equal quantities of these alloy mixed to form a new alloy.The ratio of gold and copper in the new alloy is
E)None of theseAnswer -D) 17:16
- In what ratio grocer mix two varieties of pulses costing Rs.25 and Rs.30 per Kg to get a mix worth Rs.28.75
E)None of theseAnswer -A) 1:3
- Two vessels A and B contain Soda and water mixed in the ratio 4:7 and 5:3.Find the ratio of mix be mixed to obtain a mix contain soda and water in the ratio 9:2 ?
E)None of theseAnswer -C) 17:40
- A merchant has 2500 kg of rice,part of which he sells at 10% profit and the rest at 16% Profit .He gains 12% overall.The quantity sold at 16% profit is
E)None of theseAnswer -D) 833.33
- How many Kg of sugar costing Rs. 10kg must be mixed with 36Kg of sugar costing Rs.9 per Kg ,so that there may be gain of 11% by selling the mixture of Rs.10.30 per Kg?
E)14Answer -E) 14
- Sum of Rs.96 was shared among 48 boys and girls,each girl receive Rs.2.40 and boy receive Rs.1.80.How much amount did boys
E)None of theseAnswer – C) 32
- A Man covered a distance of 50km in 5 hrs partly by bus at 12kmph and partly by foot at 7kmph.The distance covered by bus is
E)None of theseAnswer – C) 30
- In what ratio water should be added with Juice costing Rs.16 per litre to obtain a mixture worth Rs.6 per litre?
E)None of theseAnswer -D) 5:3