As per Forbes Magazine, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi grabbed 9th spot(14th in 2014) as the World’s most powerful person. Russian President Vladimir Putin took the top spot out of 73 on Forbes’ 7th annual ranking.
As per the magazine, Modi run the show over 7.4 per cent GDP growth in his maiden year in office.
Compilation of magazine:
The magazine gone into hundreds of candidates from all social, economic, and ethnic groups all around the world and calculated their power along four dimensions to compile it.
- Candidate has power over lots of people
- Financial resources controlled by each person
- Candidate is powerful in multiple spheres
- Candidates actively used their power.
Top 10 persons :
- Russian President Vladimir Putin
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel
- President Barack Obama
- Pope Francis
- Communist Party of China’s Xi Jinping
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Co-chair Bill Gates
- Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen
- K. Prime Minister David Cameron
- India Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- Alphabet CEO Larry Page
Other Indians in the list
Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani (36th) and Steel tycoon Lakshmi Mittal (Indian-origin, 55th)
The Japanese prime minister Shinzo Abe 41st, is the biggest upward mover on the list i.e. 22 spots.Hillary Clinton (No. 58)
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg (No. 19)
- North Korea Supreme Leader Kim Jong-un (No. 46)
Forbes is an American business magazine Published biweekly, it features original articles on finance, industry, investing, and marketing topics.Forbes also reports on related subjects such as technology, communications, science, and law. Its headquarters is located in Jersey City, New Jersey