On June 1, 2020, Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi has launched CHAMPIONS (Creation and Harmonious Application of Modern Processes for Increasing the Output and National Strength) to help the smaller MSMEs (Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises) by resolving their grievances and the complaints received on the portal will also be redressed within the prescribed limit.
Objective of the Portal
- Grievance Redressal: To resolve the problems of MSMEs including those of finance, raw materials, labor, regulatory permissions etc particularly in the Covid created difficult situation;
- To help them capture new opportunities: including manufacturing of medical equipments and accessories like PPEs, masks, etc and supply them in National and International markets;
- To identify and encourage the sparks: i.e. the potential MSMEs who are able to withstand the current situation and can become national and international champions.
Emphasis will be given on following things from the Champion
- With the help of this portal ,the Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis period created problems including finance, raw materials and labor will be solved.
- Apart from this, the purpose of this portal includes manufacturing of medical devices and accessories like Personal Protective Equipments (PPEs), masks and supplying them to the national and international markets.
How Champion will work?
Champions has been linked to CPGRAMS (Centralized Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System) of the Government of India. That is, if someone complains on CPGRAMS, then it will come directly on the champions portal.
Using Modern technologies:
- The portal has been equipped with Artificial Intelligence (AI), data analytics and machine learning (ML). By this, problems will be solved without the complaint of the traders. For example, if a bank is repeatedly canceling the loan application of traders or if there is a similar problem happening in one area, then this problem from artificial intelligence will start appearing on the champions portal, which the officials can tackle.
- A network of control rooms of the Portal, made entirely of indigenous technology, is built in the Hub and Spoke model. The hub is located in the office of the MSME Secretary in New Delhi and is connected to various offices of the Ministry in the states. Till now local level control rooms have been created in 66 states which have been linked to the system of this portal.
About Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs):
Headquarters– New Delhi
Union Minister– Nitin Gadkari