A 92-page e-booklet called ‘One Year of Modi 2.0 – Towards A Self-Reliant India’ on the key achievements of the Modi government during its second term was released on June 1, 2020, by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (I&B). This marks the first anniversary of the second term of the government.
Highlights in the book
- Abolition of Article 370 Article 370 (35a) acknowledged the special status of the state of Jammu and Kashmir in terms of autonomy, its freedom to make laws and follow its constitution, also , has a separate flag for the state’s permanent residents all such privileges were scrapped to integrate Kashmir and put it on the same footing as the rest of India.
- Settlement of the Ram Temple in Ayodhya : An amicable settlement had been proposed on the virtue of the most contested piece of real estate in the country. The dispute was settled in favor of the Ram Temple( Ayodhya-Ram Janmabhoomi), the birthplace of Lord Ram.
- Criminalisation of triple talaq : Protection of Rights on Marriage for Muslim women: Penal provision of the bill states that a Muslim husband declaring instant Triple Talaq can be imprisoned for up to three years.
- Bodo accord : Redraw and rename the Bodoland Territorial Area District (BTAD) as the Bodoland Territorial Region (BTR), in Assam and provide officiated status.
- The amendment to the Citizenship Act (CAA) The Act seeks to amend the definition of an illegal immigrant who has lived in India without documentation. The goverment will grant fast track citizenship to people.
- The book has a separate section containing the actions taken to fight the COVID-19 pandemic and how the economic fallout is being dealt with.
- Also, Government decisions on the farmer’s welfare such as PM-KISAN(Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi) to all farmers, pensions to small traders and farmers, forming a unified Jal Shakti Ministry and more.
International event Highlights include: The Howdy Modi event in the US, the Namaste Trump event in Gujarat and the Mamallapuram Modi-Xi Jinping summit.
Note: The e-book highlights the idea on how under the leadership of the Prime Minister of the nation India has turned its crisis into an opportunity for the self-sustaining economy and sprung into action to become ‘Aatmanirbhar‘(self-reliant India).
- The booklet also mentions that India is one of the first countries to put up a comprehensive action plan to stop the spread of the virus and limit the number of infections during the COVID-19 crisis and the production of N-95 masks and PPE(Personal Protective Equipment) initiative in the country.
- Highlights on the introduction of a Rs 20 lakh crore stimulus package, which is about 10 % of the GDP to boost the economy and sustain growth is also mentioned in the e-book.
About Ministry of I&B
The Ministry of Information & Broadcasting is instructed with the task of Information dissemination regarding education and other updates. The communication of various Government policies and programs through the media units.
Union Minister– Prakash Javadekar