Union HRD Minister Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani launches National Institutional Ranking Framework Document and Web portal which is developed by a team of experts in education and heads of institutions.
It will enable parents, students, teachers, educational institutions and other stakeholders to rank institutions on the basis of a set of objective parameters and a transparent process.
- Portal is presently available for engineering and management institutions.
- Framework will be extended to other disciplines like architecture, pharmacy and humanities and for universities within the next 4 weeks.
NIRF follows an Indian approach which considers India-centric parameters of diversity and inclusiveness apart from excellence in teaching learning and research.
- The ranking framework is designed in such a way that institutions belonging to different sectoral fields will be compared separately in their own respective peer groups. The parameters are under the five broad headings
- Teaching learning and resources
- Research, consulting and collaborative performance
- Graduation outcomes
- Outreach and inclusivity