Maithri Aquatech, a startup, formed under the initiative ‘Make in India’ has set up the ‘World’s First Mobile Water from Air Kiosk and Water Knowledge Centre’ with the use of its ‘MEGHDOOT solution’ in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.MEGHDOOT means ‘Messenger of the Sky’s.
- This initiative is supported by GVMC (Greater Visakhapatnam Municipal Corporation) and project SEWAH (Sustainable Enterprises for Water and Health)
- SEWAH is an alliance between The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and SWN (Safe Water Network). USAID has partnered with the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs under the Jal Jeevan program.
About MEGHDOOT solution:
- It is the only atmospheric water generator(AWG) approved by the Ministry of Jal Shakti.
- By using this technology, kiosk will provide clean, mineral-enriched potable water by harvesting the moisture in the air which is independent of the existing groundwater and surface water resources.
- It is an environmentally friendly ‘Plug-and-Play’ solution and capable of producing 100% microbe-free potable water on a sustainable basis.
- It is capable of generating over 1 million litres of water every single day. The water generated meets the WHO (World Health Organization) as well as Indian Standards of potable water.
Kiosk as Knowlege centre:
The kiosk will also act as a Water Knowledge Resource Centre (WKRC) by creating awareness to local communities and nearby schools on the benefits of good water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) practices.
About Maithri Aquatech:
- Maithri Aquatech has partnered with the Indian Institute of Chemical Technology (IICT) which operates under the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR).
- The company has won the prestigious ‘FICCI Smart Urban Innovation Award’ in the ‘Smart Water Category’ in recognition of an innovation that can be scaled up in all Smart Cities.
About Maithri Aquatech Pvt Ltd
Establishment – 2016
Founder & MD -Ramkrishna Mukkavilli
Company location – Telangana