Israel Missile Defense Organisation & United States Missile Defense Agency have commenced work on the development of ‘Arrow-4’ anti-ballistic missiles which will be part of Israel’s multi-layered Ballistic Missile Shield
- Missile Defence/shield is a system, weapon, or technology which is used for detecting, tracking, intercepting & destroying incoming attack missiles (Ballistic Missiles & other short tactical missiles) in the atmosphere and in space.
- Arrow-4 Missile Shield will be an advanced version of the existing Arrow-2 & Arrow-3 Interceptors.
- Boeing, an american Aerospace & Defense company & Elbit Systems, Israel will be part of the Arrow Defence project. Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) will be the main contractor for the development & production.
- Israel is one of the Four Countries to have successfully developed an anti-ballistic missile system, after the USA, Russia & India.
Indian Ballistic Missile Defence Programme
It is an initiative to develop & deploy a multi-layered ballistic missile defence system to protect India from Ballistic missile attacks.
- It is a 2-tiered system consisting of 2 land & sea-based interceptor missiles namely Prithvi Air Defence (PAD) missile for high altitude interception & Advanced Air Defence (AAD) Missile for lower altitude interception.
- It is capable of intercepting any incoming missile launched from a range of 5, 000 Kilometres.
- India’s Ballistic Missile Defence (BMD) program is awaiting approval from the Government of India, it has been developed by Indian Air Force (IAF) & Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO).
Recent Related News:
i.On December 15, 2020, Israel Missile Defense Organization (IMDO) together with United States Missile Defense Agency (MDA) successfully test fired a series of Israel’s 3 multi-range missile defence systems namely – “Arrow”, “David’s Sling” & “Iron Dome” over the Mediterranean Sea.
Prime Minister- Benjamin Netanyahu
Currency– Israeli Shekel
About United States of America:
President – Joe Biden
Capital– Washington, D.C.
Currency– United States Dollar (USD)