The 11th Edition of the India-US Special Forces Exercise ‘Vajra Prahar 2021’ was conducted at Special Forces Training School at Bakloh, Himachal Pradesh in March, 2021.
- The main objective of the exercise is to enhance interoperability between the Special Forces of the two countries.
- Vajra Prahar is conducted alternatively between India & US to share best practices & experiences in areas like Joint Mission Planning & Operational Tactics.
- The navies of India & United States conducted a 2-day Passage Exercise ‘PASSEX’ in Bay of Bengal (Eastern Indian Ocean Region) from March 28-29, 2021.
Importance of Bilateral Defence Exercises
- Bilateral Military Exercises & Defence Exchanges are vital part of deepening bilateral defence cooperation between friendly countries.
- During these exercises, the participating armies jointly train, plan and execute a series of operations for neutralisation of threats with a common aim of countering threats of international terrorism.
Recent Related News:
i.In February 2021, the 16th Edition of ‘Yudh Abhyas 20’ – an annual joint military exercise between India & US took place at Mahajan Field Firing Range (MFFR), near the India-Pakistan border in Rajasthan.
About United States (US):
President– Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.
Capital– Washington, D.C.
Currency– United States Dollar
About Indian Special Forces
3 Branches of the Indian Armed Forces have separate special forces units
Para SF – Indian Army; MARCOS – Indian Navy; Garud Commando Force of the Indian Air Force