The fifth annual anti terrorism exercise (10 day drill) of Indian and Chinese armies kicked off today.
Place – Kunming City ,China.
India for the first time fielded troops from Naga Regiment to take part in the exercises. A contingent of 175 troops from 2nd Battalion of Naga Regiment from Eastern Command reached Kunming by IAF IL-76 aircraft on Sunday to take part in the exercise
Troops from 14 Corps of China’s Chengdu Military Region, which focuses on borders with India are taking in the exercise.
Purpose of the exercise :To develop joint operating capability, share useful experience in counter-terrorism operations and to promote friendly exchanges between the Armies of India and China
Opening ceremony : Dabanqiao Training Base of 14 Group Army at Kunming on 12th October 2015
Eminent Person addressed the troops:
- Ashok K Kantha (Indian Ambassador to China )
- Lieutenant General Surinder Singh(Head of Observers Delegation )
- Lieutenant General Zhou Xiaozhou (china)
- First Drill : southwest China’s Yunnan Province in 2007
- Second Drill : Belgaum in Karnataka a in 2008
- Third Drill : southwest China’s Sichuan in 2013
- Fourth Drill : Pune in 2014.