As like icing a cake, Sruthi Palaniappan, 18-year-old Indo-American has become the youngest delegate at the Democratic National Convention which has nominated Hillary Clinton as the party’s presidential candidate.
What is Democratic National Convention:-
The Democratic National Convention (DNC) is a symposium of presidential nominating conventions held every four years since 1832 by the United States Democratic Party.
i. The primary goal of the Democratic National Convention is to nominate and confirm a candidate for president and vice president, adopt a comprehensive party platform and unify the party.
ii. Pledged delegates from all fifty U.S. states and from American dependencies and territories such as Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, and super delegates which are unpledged delegates representing the Democratic establishment, attend the convention and cast their votes to choose the Party’s presidential candidate.
iii. They have been administered by the Democratic National Committee since the 1852 national convention. The declarations of DNC for 2016 as follows,
|Vice Presidential Nominee|
|Wells Fargo center, Philadelphia||Marcia Fudge (Ohio)||TBD||N/A||Hilary Clinton (New York)||Tim Kaine(Virginia)|
- This great news is confirmed that Sruthi Palaniappan is the youngest delegate at the DNC and it is also noted that Hilary Clinton is also the first ever Woman Candidate for the US president nominations.
- Sruthi Palaniapan is a student of the prestigious Harvard University and an ardent supporter of Hilary Clinton, to make her as the first ever woman president of the United States.
- She is from Cedar Rapids and his father Palaniappan Addiappan also a member of the Credential Committee and attending the convention meeting.
- Being sruthi as the youngest delegate, on the contrary Jerry Emmett of Arizona is the oldest delegate of the DNC at the age of 102.
- Sruthi made history, when she was given an opportunity to represent Iowa during roll call votes and sruthi was merely impressed by Obama’s speech and popped up that she has been able to immerse herself at every step along the way and witness the political process first-hand.
About AMERICA :
♦ Capital – Washington D.C.
♦ Currency – US Dollar
♦ President – Barack Obama