The increasing emissions across the world have forced all the nations to move towards renewable energies and adopt measures to bring down the pollution. As a part of these measures India has planned to promote the use of electricity operated vehicles.
- India have decided to provide electricity operated cars at zero down payment making it as a 100% e-vehicle nation by 2030
- Piyush Goyal also told that they don’t need support from neither the government nor the people
- They have planned to obtain the cost by saving the use of petroleum products in return
- A group has been formed under the leadership of Road minister, Nitin Gadkari
- This group consists of Oil Minister Dharmendra Pradhan and Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar on its board.
- They have planned to meet by the first week of April and decide on the scheme that aims to make India a 100% e-vehicle nation
- If implemented this scheme will be the first of its kind in the world and India will lead the nations
Other energy saving schemes
- Previously , the government implemented the LED scheme by providing LED bulbs at the cost of 41 against the market rate of 300
- The Domestic Efficient Light Programme(DELP) implemented last year has provided 31 crore LED lamps
- The Power ministry has further planned to sell EMI energy-efficient fans and air conditioners at prices much lower than market rates
- Ministry of Power- Piyush Goyal
- DELP renamed as UJALA