India placed at the 44th position among 50 different countries in a Global Connectivity Index (GCI) report has been compiled Electronics major by Huawei.
- The 50 countries assessed by GCI 2016 account for 90 percent of global GDP and 78 percent of the world’s population.
- Huawei claims that the GCI also includes survey results from 3,000 firms across 10 verticals in 10 nations.
- The Huawei Global Connectivity Index 2016 notes initiatives like Digital India are driving growth and improved broadband penetration.
- The report says such initiative will enable last-mile connectivity, connecting many people for the first time, and enables a whole new opportunity for the telecom operators.
GCI calculation Method:
- GCI score for each country has been calculated on the basis of its ICT infrastructure includingbroadband, data centers, cloud services, big data and IoT.
- The methodology for calculating GCI broadly includesfour different ‘vertical indicators’ as identified by Huawei which includes
- Experience and
- Potential includes a set of indicators that points out the future development of a digital economy
The Top 5 countries with top rated and last 5 countries in the survey that sprawls globally 50 countries
Top 5 Conutries
Last 5 Countries
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification