The United Nations honoured the founder of India-based Miavy Systems Abdulqadir Rashik for the Unite Ideas #LinksSDGs Data Visualization Challenge. Itwill be used to identify further research opportunities and guide policy decisions around the implementation of global sustainability initiatives.
- He was bestowed with the Challenge’s top prize for his submission Links to Sustainable Cities an interactive visualization that identifies and maps the links between Sustainable Development Goal 11, Sustainable Cities and Communities, and the other 16 Goals.
- In a global data Science competition aimed to engage the public in sharing ideas about how to visualise the inter linkages between the Sustainable Development Goals that comprises of 17 global goals and 169 targets that form the basis of the United Nations 2030 Agenda.
- The project was a joint initiative of Division for Sustainable Development and the Office of Information and Communications Technology.
Link Sustainable Development Goals:
- It is the third challenge issued by Unite Ideas, a big data crowdsourcing platform developed by the Office of Information and Communications Technology.
- The idea is to facilitate collaboration among academia, civil society and United Nations offices, and to mobilize data scientists and software developers worldwide to help tackle the complex issues faced by the Organization and its Member States though the creation of open source solutions.