First CS to be bestowed with “Bharat Nirman Awards” in 2010 and practitioner of CS from 19 years, Mamta Binani has been designated as the President of Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI). She will commence her job from January 19, 2016.
About Mamta Binani:
A student of commerce and law graduate is linked with the financial sector, education sector and is an experienced mentor and counsellor.
- In India, she was the all-India topper in the Intermediate examinations of ICSI among the entire female candidate and was ranked 14th on an all-India basis.
- In the final examinations she was all-India topper in the subject “Company Law”.
- In 2010, she was appointed as the Chairperson of the Eastern India Regional Council of The Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
- She has served ICICI bank and mutual fund industry as their enrolled trainer.
- She also served as an independent director on a few of the boards.
About Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI):
As a regulator of the profession of company secretary in India, it was set up under an Act of Parliament, i.e. Company Secretaries Act, 1980 to enhance this line of work.
- As per the provision of Section 203 of Companies Act 2013, it is mandatory for the companies having paid up capital ≥ Rs 5 crores or above to appoint a full-time CS.
- As per Section 203 of Companies Act 2013, it is mandatory to obtain a secretarial audit report from a Practicing CS for the companies having paid up capital of ≥ Rs 50 crores or more.