Here we are providing you the detailed syllabus & exam pattern for both preliminary and main examination of IBPS PO. Main Examination will have separate timing for every section and there will be no change in the pattern of Prelims.
Phase – I: The Preliminary Exam has 3 sections Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability and English.
Phase – II: Objective Test & Descriptive Test
IBPS PO 2017: Prelims Exam Pattern
IBPS PO 2017: Main Exam Pattern
IBPS PO 2017: Syllabus
The topics to be covered in this section are
- Data Interpretation [ Bar Graph, Pie Chart, Table, Line Graph, Radar Chart, Mixed Graph]
- Number Series
- Data Sufficiency
- Quadratic Equations
- Miscellaneous- Time and Work, Partnership, Profit and Loss, Mensuration, Time, Distance and Speed –Trains, Boats n Streams, Simple and Compound interest, Mixture and Alligation, Ratio and Proportion, Percentages, Averages, Age, Problems based on Numbers.
Reasoning & Computer Aptitude:
The topics to be covered are
- Puzzles – Seating Arrangement(North – South, Circular, Rectangle, Square)Based on Floors, Hierarchy, Boxes, Months, Days etc.,
- Machine Input/Output
- Blood Relation
- Direction Sense
- Logical Reasoning
- Coding Decoding
- Statement and Assumptions/Conclusions
- Analytical Reasoning
- Flow Chart based questions
The topics to be covered in this section are
- Reading comprehension including Synonyms and Antonyms
- Sentence rearrangement or Para jumbles
- Sentence Correction/ Error Finding
- Spell Checks
- Cloze Test
General Awareness(With Special Reference to Banking)
The syllabus for this section remains vast
The topics included are
- Banking/Financial terms
- Current Affairs – covers every current news including related to the banking industry, latest appointments, obituaries, awards and honors, books and authors, new schemes of central and state governments, sports, etc.
- Static GK – topics like headquarters of financial organizations , Country-capital, country-currency, constituencies of ministers, dance forms, nuclear and thermal power stations, Superlatives of World and India, First in India & World, Places with surname, Palaces, International Lines/Boundaries, Important Monuments of India & World, Rivers, Parliament names of different countries, Important Temples, National Parks,Airports, Wildlife Sanctuary, Stadium, Important Days,memorial place / crematorium, etc.,
- Click Here To Read Banking Awareness Questions
- Click Here To Read Daily Current Affairs
- Click Here To Download Current Affairs 2017 Pocket PDF
- Click Here To Take Current Affairs Mock Tests – Month wise
- Click Here To Download Static GK Capsule
- Click Here To Download Banking Awareness Capsule
- Click Here To Buy Banking & Economy Questions 2016 PDF – (Aug-Dec31)
- Click Here To Buy Banking & Economy Questions 2017 PDF – (Jan-Jul31)
It includes one Essay writing and One letter Writing.
Write a letter to the bank manager to share an innovative idea on File management system in banks
Write a letter to the newspaper editor on how to stop crime in city
Write a letter to your old teacher to thank him/her for making you a good human being
Pros and cons of ‘one rank one pension’ scheme
Over-dependence on monsoon for farmers
Ethical problems of e-commerce
Essay on effects of increasing FDI
SBI PO 2016 – Descriptive Test Questions:
- Letter to editor – increase in selfies among youth
- Letter to parents – new job in new city and problems faced there
- Principal to Parents – Importance of parents in children education.
- Essay on effect of Pokemon Go
- Importance of History of nation.
- Essay on positive effects of Hike in salary of an employee
UIICL AO 2016 – Descriptive Test Questions:
Essay Writing & Letter writing Questions:
- Difference between Life Insurance and General Insurance, explain the types of Fire Insurance
- SWOT Analysis of Insurance sector in India
- Importance about term Insurance policies
- Letter related to damage Insurance claim
- Write a letter to transfer your policy from Pune to Madurai.
- Essay related to ” Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation”
- Essay related to “Insurance awareness” in Rural India
- Essay related to Benefits of “Child Insurance”
- Letter related to damage insurance claim
- Write a letter to a friend about the benefits of health insurance policies
BOB PO 2016 – Descriptive Test Questions:
1. Letter to the News Editor – Air pollution due to festivals
2. Letter to Police commissioner – Cyber Crime Awareness Campaign
1. Privacy about Film stars & Politicians
2. “Paid news” Is an Ethical in Journalism
NABARD Development Assistant 2016 – Descriptive Test Questions:
- Effect of illiteracy on economy
- School dropout: reasons and measures
- Should students join politics?
- Participation in team sports
Indian Bank PO 2017: Descriptive Questions
Advantages & Disadvantages of National Pension Scheme
Digitization in Banking
SBI PO 2017: Descriptive Test
- Letter to editor your concern over impact of irrelevant news through social media
- Letter based on thank you note to an author of his book on depression.
- Letter to Bank Manager regarding non-credit of cash in your account
- Essay based on Technology is power, Travelling etc.
- Essay based on Eco-system
- Essay based on which is better reading books/watching documentary films/traveling
We will provide you with our GK capsule before some days of exam which will cover almost all topics.