Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Ltd (GRSE) has signed a contract with Seychelles for delivering 1 Fast Patrol Vessel (FPV) called ‘Zoroaster’ to the Seychelles Coast Guard.
- “Zoroaster” will be a powerful, fuel-efficient platform which will be capable of performing operations like Patrolling, anti-smuggling, anti-poaching & search and rescue operations.
- The overall design of the FPV was developed indigenously by GRSE.
- It can travel at a maximum speed of 34 Knots & has an endurance of more than 1, 500 Nautical miles.
- The 50-metre-long Vessel is equipped with a waterjet propulsion system & fully air-conditioned modular accommodation for 35 personnel.
- It is capable of undertaking maritime missions including timely interceptions.
- The main armament of the ship will be a 40/60 gun.
ii.Earlier, India had donated INS Tarmugli Patrol Vessel to Seychelles, it was named as SCGPS Topaz and is being used by Seychelles Coast Guard.
GRSE is a shipbuilding company in India which is under the administrative control of the Ministry of Defence (MoD)
- It primarily caters to the shipbuilding requirements of the Indian Navy & the Indian Coast Guard.
- It is the 1st Indian shipyard to build 100 warships.
Recent Related News:
i.January 16, 2021, GRSE Ltd, Kolkata signed USD 12.7 Million Contract with the Harbour Department, Ministry of Public Works, Government of Guyana for the construction of an Ocean-going vessel.
About Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE) Ltd:
Chairman & Managing Director – Vipin Kumar Saxena
Headquarters – Kolkata, West Bengal
President – Wavel Ramkalawan
Capital – Victoria
Currency – Seychellois rupee