Union Minister for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying Parshottam Rupala launched a nationwide, river ranching programme at Brijghat, Garh Mukteshwar in Uttar Pradesh as part of the government’s efforts to boost fish production in the country.
- In a nationwide launch, four other states — Uttarakhand, Odisha, Tripura and Chhattisgarh also participated.
- The programme was introduced as a special activity under PMMSY (Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana) for augmenting and enhancing fish production.
- The National Fisheries Development Board (NFDB), Hyderabad is a nodal agency under the central sector component of PMMSY for implementing river ranching programmes across the country.
- A total budget of Rs 2.81 crore was sanctioned by NFDB to ranch 97.16 lakh fingerlings as a part of action plan 2020-21 of PMMSY.
Launch of programme in different state
i.In Uttar Pradesh, 3 lakh fingerlings were ranched at Brijghat, Garh Mukteshwar, Tigri, Meerut and Bijnor.
ii.In Uttarakhand, a total of 1 lakh fingerlings were ranched at ChandiGhat, Ganga River in Haridwar.
iii.Around 1.85 lakh of fingerlings were ranched in Tripura at four sites namely, Khowai river, Teliamura; Gomati river, Udaipur; Dhalai river, Kamalpur and Deo river, Dashamighat.
iv.As many as 1.5 lakh fingerlings have been ranched at Mirounee Bairaj, Mahanadi in Chhattisgarh.
v.In Odisha , 1.5 lakh fingerlings were ranched at Munduli, Cuttack.
vi.At nationwide a total of 8.85 lakh fingerlings were ranched.
i.To meet the demand of growing human population
ii.To promote sustainable use and conservation of fishery resources.
iii.To achieve sustainable fisheries, reduce habitat degradation, conserve biodiversity, maximize social-economic benefits and assess ecosystem services.
Minister Sanjeev Balyan launches NDLM Blueprint
Union Minister of State Fisheries, Animal Husbandry & Dairying Dr Sanjeev Balyan unveiled the National Digital Livestock Mission (NDLM) Blueprint at NDDB (National Dairy Development Board) headquarters in Anand, Gujarat.
- NDLM, a digital platform is being developed jointly by (Department of Animal husbandry and Dairying) DAHD and NDDB on the foundation of the existing Information Network for Animal Productivity and Health (INAPH).
i.The aim is to create a farmer-centric, technology-enabled ecosystem where the farmers are able to realize better income through livestock activities with the right information.
ii.To help farmers access the markets, irrespective of their location or holdings through the digital platform.
iii.It includes robust animal breeding systems, nutrition, disease surveillance, disease control programmes and a traceability mechanism for animals and animal products.
About Uttar Pradesh
Governor – Anandiben Patel
Airports – Chitrakoot Airport, Azamgarh Airport
About National Dairy Development Board
Chairman- Meenesh C Shah
Headquarters- Anand, Gujarat
Founder – Verghese Kurien
Founded – 1965