Social Justice and Empowerment Ministry will organise The first three-day International Film Festival for Persons with Disability (IFFFD) on December 1.
To honour the alms of differently-abled people on the occasion of International Day of Persons with Disabilities (December 3), the department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD) in collaboration with National Film Development Corporation is conceptualising the festival.
Total 40 films in different languages will be screened during the three-day festival.
- 10 feature films(Duration more than 60 min)
- 16 short films(Duration between 5-20 min)
- 14 documentaries(Duration between 20-60 min)
- Out of 541 entries received from India and abroad, these film are chosen. The entries were for three categories– feature film, short films and documentaries.
- Condition: The festival entries specified that all films should be by and about people with disabilities.
- Best Film (Feature)–Fiction Feature–3 lakh rupees+Trophy+Citation
- Documentary-Feature – 1 lakh rupees+Trophy+Citation
- Best Film (Documentary) – 2.5 lakh rupees + Trophy + Citation
- Best Film (Short) – one lakh rupees + Trophy + Citation
- Best Director (Feature) – 2.5 lakh rupees + Trophy + Citation
- Best Director (Documentary) – 1.5 lakh rupees + Trophy + Citation
- Best Director (Short) – one lakh rupees + Trophy + Citation