Welcome to Online English Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating Best question samples from One word substitutions, which is common for all the SSC CGL,LIC,ADO,LDC,etc and other competitive exams. We have included Some questions type that are repeatedly asked in bank exams !!!
In the following questions, out of four alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given words/sentence.
- A hastily made obstacle to prevent entering
- Moderating pain or sorrow by making it easier to bear
- Close observation of a person or group, especially one under suspicion
- Very much concerned and anxious
- Military activity of sending soldiers and aircraft to find out about the enemy’s forces
- A system by which everyone in a country votes to decide to matter of national importance
- People who have special knowledge about a particular subject
- To tell someone in angrily that he has done something wrong
- Too many unnecessary words in speech or writing
- Humorous acting in which the performers fall over, throwing things at each other