Welcome to Online English Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Fill in the blanks, which is BASED ON IBPS PO/CLERK/LIC AAO/RRB & SSC CGL EXAM and other competitive exams.
- The Centre would like us to believe that the Smart Cities Mission will transform urban life in the______________that enter the elite club.
5) dismissalAnswer – 2)
Explanation: agglomerations – a mass or collection of things; an assemblage.
- The frail nature of rural India’s health systems and the______________patient load on a few______________hospitals have become even more evident from the crisis at the Baba Raghav Das Medical College in Gorakhpur.
1) shatterable, walkover
2) brittle, lucid
3) extraordinary, referral
4) crisp, elementary
5) shivery, facileAnswer – 3)
Explanation: extraordinary – very unusual or remarkable.
referral – an act of referring someone or something for consultation, review, or further action
- Making street-level waste management data public would lead to a heat map of the worst sites,______________managers to solve the problem.
5) auricularAnswer – 4)
Explanation: compelling – evoking interest, attention, or admiration in a powerfully irresistible way.
- The______________aspects of the system are______________from the Comptroller and Auditor General’s report on reproductive and child health under the National Rural Health Mission for the year ended March 2016.
1) dysfunctional, evident
2) intact, disequilibration
3) harmed, assets
4) instability, unscathed
5) disequilibrium, receiptsAnswer – 1)
Explanation: dysfunctional – not operating normally or properly.
evident – clearly seen or understood; obvious.
- It would be smart, for instance, to use______________to estimate the flow of vehicles and pedestrians, and create smartphone applications for the public to report on a variety of parameters.
5) acousticsAnswer – 4)
Explanation: sensors – a device which detects or measures a physical property and records, indicates, or otherwise responds to it.
- The Centre has set______________health goals for 2020 and is in the process of deciding the financial______________for various targets under the National Health Mission, including reduction of the infant mortality rate to 30 per 1,000 live births, from the recent______________of 40.
1) honorarium, deduct, satisfied
2) ambitious, outlay, estimate
3) content, fulfilled, unassuming
4) avails, withhold, diminish
5) withdraw, detract, decreaseAnswer – 2)
Explanation: ambitious – having or showing a strong desire and determination to succeed.
outlay – an amount of money spent on something.
estimate – roughly calculate or judge the value, number, quantity, or extent of.
- As debt burdens soar from Italy to Greece, investors will take fright, populist politicians will gain ground, and—sooner rather than later—the euro will______________.
5) collapseAnswer – 5)
Explanation: collapse – (of a structure) suddenly fall down or give way.
- In the absence of______________mutual support, there was an aura of last-ditch desperation when, in March 2015, the European Central Bank announced an______________program of purchasing government debt.
1) continuance, discard
2) increase, protraction
3) generous, ambitious
4) greedy, slight
5) stingy, scornAnswer – 3)
Explanation: generous – showing a readiness to give more of something, especially money, than is strictly necessary or expected.
ambitious – having or showing a strong desire and determination to succeed.
- By the next morning, senior ECB officials were______________as saying that Draghi’s remarks had been overinterpreted – and the euro fell.
5) pliableAnswer – 2)
- The French and the Italians have______________structural reforms, while the Germans have insisted on too much______________.
1) capitulated, certainty
2) dodged, austerity
3) exhausted, divest
4) accosted, crustily
5) withstand, consistentlyAnswer – 2)
Explanation: dodged – avoid (someone or something) by a sudden quick movement.
austerity – sternness or severity of manner or attitude.