Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Current Banking Awareness Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are covering some important Banking Awareness Questions. Do study this banking quiz thoroughly as it may prove to be helpful in upcoming exams.
- As per _______, India will have 8-10 very competitive public sector banks from 27 present banks, once the consolidation phase ends.
A) PM, Narendra Modi
B) RBI Governor, Raghuram Rajan
C) Minister of State for Finance, Jayant Sinha
D) Finance Minister, Arun Jaitley
E) BJP Chief, Amit ShahC) Minister of State for Finance, Jayant Sinha
India will have 8-10 very competitive public sector banks once the “dust settles” and the consolidation phase ends, Union Minister Jayant Sinha said.
- To reduce the cash transactions in the country, Finance Ministry and RBI have formed a committee which will be chaired by
A) Ravi Mehra
B) Neeraj Kumar Gupta
C) Pawan Kumar Aggarwal
D) Veer Sharma
E) Neeraj Kumar BhanotB) Neeraj Kumar Gupta
The government and the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) have been working on how to reduce cash transactions in the economy. In this regard, they formed a committee last month, of seven members, chaired by a ministry official, Neeraj Kumar Gupta.
This group is looking at how to ensure the acceptance of card payments is increased. This will require more of point-of-sales (PoS) machines.
- Coverfox has tied up with which Indian insurance company?
A) Oriental Insurance
B) Tata AIA Life Insurance
C) IndiaFirst Life Insurance
D) Max Life Insurance
E) Future Generali India Life InsuranceA) Oriental Insurance
Online insurance platform Coverfox.com, has partnered with public sector undertaking, The Oriental Insurance Company to facilitate the public sector undertaking’s comprehensive motor insurance product for both four and two wheelers, online.
- According to the Forbes list, which Indian bank has been ranked among the world’s ten biggest and most powerful companies?
A) Punjab National Bank
E) None of theseD) HDFC
Ranked 7th, HDFC is the only Indian company in top-ten in this category, where others include Capital One , Visa and MasterCard.
- Union bank of India has launched e-SBTR (Electronic Secured Bank Treasury Receipt) in
B) Himachal Pradesh
E) MaharashtraE) Maharashtra
UBI launched e-SBTR electronic receipt to facilitate stamp duty rates in Maharashtra
The facility makes it possible to do the necessary paper work and formalities on line and get the endorsement of the final document at the branch level at one go.
- Which bank has launched the ‘mobile only bank’ in the country?
A) Yes Bank
B) DBS Bank
C) RBL Bank
E) None of theseB) DBS Bank
DBS Bank launched a ‘mobile-only bank’ in India. The ‘digibank’ uses technologies, such as biometrics and artificial intelligence, to enable paperless, signature-less and branchless bank.
- Recently which has become the first bank in India that has started to issue gold coins?
A) Indian Overseas Bank
B) Vijaya Bank
C) State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur
D) Indian Bank
E) Bank of BarodaA) Indian Overseas Bank
Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) has become the first bank to commence the sale of Indian Gold Coin (IGC) in the domestic market.
It has tied up with MMTC for the sale of IGC of 24 carat purity. The IGC has the national emblem, the Ashok Chakra, engraved on one side and the face of Mahatma Gandhi on the other
- Which of the following is going to launch scheme for the financial technology (fintech) entrepreneurs?
B) RBL Bank
D) HSBC Bank
E) None of theseB) RBL Bank
RBL Bank Ltd, the first private-sector bank to open a dedicated branch for start-ups in Bengaluru last month, will launch an Entrepreneur-in-Residence (EIR) programme for fintech start-ups in the next 9-12 months.
- In the Forbes list released recently, which bank has topped the list of world’s biggest and most powerful companies?
A) European Investment Bank
B) Commercial Bank of China
D) American Express
E) None of theseD) American Express
American Express has topped the list, while India’s HDFC is ranked 7th and the only Indian bank among first 10 banks in the list.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affiars (CCEA) has given ex post facto approval to increase the foreign investment limit in YES Bank to how much percent?
E) 85%C) 75%
The CCEA chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi granted ex post facto approval to YES Bank to increase foreign investment limit to 75 percent from the existing foreign equity of 41.87 percent without any sub-limits, for investment by way of issue of non-equity shares and other permissible instruments to eligible non-resident investors
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification