Dear Readers, We cover some important news in Current Affairs Today Section, which are not covered in Daily Detailed News, More Current Affairs coverage will help you to Score Good Marks in Competitive Exam.
- Indian Railways, Army among world’s biggest employers: Study
- Rail line to link Jaigarh Port to Konkan Railway
NITI Aayog to push India’s cyber defence system
- NITI Aayog will give a policy push to build the country’s cyber defence system for enhancing national security.
- Former chief of DRDO, Saraswat said,” India needs to develop tools and software which have to be produced in-house. Now all are being imported from China and other countries.”
Infosys launches business management solution for banks’ SME customers
- Infosys has launched a mobile-based financial and business management solution ‘Finacle SME Enable‘ to help banks enhance support and service for their Small and Medium business Enterprise (SME) customers.
- Finacle SME Enable is designed to help SMEs to experience banking services on the move and to manage their business operations efficiently.
Yoga made compulsory for 10-lakh central forces
- The Union Home Ministry has asked 10 lakh-strong paramilitary forces of the country to include Yoga in their daily physical drills.
- The Home Ministry has asked to implement these directives on priority and to ensure the yoga practice even at active duty areas.
- The directives have been issued to the six CAPFs like Central Reserve Police Force, Border Security Force, Central Industrial Security Force, Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force, Sashastra Seema Bal, National Security Guard and the Assam Rifles which work under the command of the Union Home Ministry.
Jaya flags off first phase of Chennai metro
- Chief Minister Jayalalithaa flagged off the first phase of the Chennai Metro.
- The route which is an elevated structure will cover a distance of 10.15 km, consisting of Alandur, Ekkathuthangal, Ashok Nagar, Vadapalani, Arumbakkam and Koyambedu Railway stations.
- The 45 km Metro Rail project is estimated to cost Rs 14,600 crore and would cover two routes– the 23.085 km Wannarapet to Airport section– and the 21.961 km stretch from Chennai Central to St.Thomas Mount.
First 3-D heart printed using imaging techniques
- Researchers have successfully produced the first 3-D anatomic model of a patient’s heart using two common imaging techniques
- The aim of this research is to enhance diagnosis and surgical planning.
- This is the first time the integration of computed tomography (CT) and three-dimensional transesophageal echocardiography (3DTEE) has successfully been used for printing a hybrid 3D model of a patient’s heart.
Mozambique scraps colonial-era homosexuality ban
- Mozambique has scrapped the ban on homosexuality when a new penal code came into force that swept away old Portuguese colonial laws, in a victory for campaigners for gay rights in Africa.
- Recently the US Supreme Court legalised the same sex marriage. After which in New York, hundreds of thousands of people attended the annual Gay Pride march on sunday.
Lenovo names Rahul Agarwal as India MD
- Lenovo has appointed Rahul Agarwal as managing director for Lenovo India.
- He takes over from Amar Babu, who will now become COO, Lenovo, Asia Pacific and Chairman, Lenovo India
Banking & Finance
Jwala-Ashwini pair wins Canada Open
- The third seeded Indian Badminton duo Jwala Gutta and Ashwini Ponnappa won the Canada Open women’s doubles title after beating the top-seeded Dutch pair of Eefje Muskens and Selena Piek in the finals.
- Indian shuttlers defeated their opponents by 21-19 21-16.
- This was Jwala and Ashwini’s first title since their reunion after the 2012 London Olympics.
Winners of other events
- Men’s singles – Lee Chong Wei (Malaysia) by defeating Ng Ka Long Angus (Hong Kong)
- Women’s Singles – Michelle Li (Canada) by defeating Kaori Imabeppu (Japan)
- Men’s doubles – Li Junhui & Liu Yuchen (China)
- Mixed doubles – Lee Chun Hei & Chau Hoi Wah (Hong Kong)
Harbhajan back in ODIs, most seniors rested for Zimbabwe tour
- Harbhajan Singh is making his way back to the ODI team for the Zimbabwe’s tour.
- Selectors have rested most of the senior players. The Indian team will be lead by Ajinkya Rahane.
- Robin Uthappa, Manoj Tiwary, Sandeep Sharma and Karn Sharma are also included in the team.
Rossi takes tight duel with Marquez to win Assen MotoGP
- Valentino Rossi won a close contest with reigning world champion Marco Marquez to win Motul TT Assen.
- This was Rossi’s seventh MotoGP victory on Assen track.
- Valentino Rossi is a nine time world champion and rides for Yamaha.