AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs July 7 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On 7th July 2018, which Indian cricketer reached the milestone of playing 500 international matches during the second T20 International against England?
1.Mahendra Singh Dhoni
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Mahendra Singh Dhoni
Mahendra Singh Dhoni has become the 3rd Indian after Sachin Tendulkar (664) and Rahul Dravid (509) to reach this milestone of playing 500 international cricket matches. This T20 International match against England was Mahendra Singh Dhoni’s 92nd T20 match. He has played 90 Test matches and 318 One Day International matches.
- Who has been appointed the chairperson of National Green Tribunal?
1.Justice Sambasiva Rao
2.Justice Sadasiva Reddy
3.Justice Adarsh Kumar Goel
4.Justice Akhilesh Yadav
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Justice Adarsh Kumar Goel
Justice Adarsh Kumar Goel retired as Supreme Court judge on 6th July 2018. The post of the chairperson of National Green Tribunal was vacant for the last 8 months following Justice Swatanter Kumar’s retirement on 19th December 2018. Justice Adarsh Kumar Goel was elevated to Supreme Court on 7th July 2014. Earlier he was Chief Justice of the Orissa High Court and the Gauhati High Court. He was born on July 7, 1953. He had also served as executive chairman of the Haryana State Legal Services Authority.
- Who received the Knowledge Excellence Award from Secretary, Ministry of Mines, Anil Gopishankar Mukim, for Outstanding Contribution in Aluminium Knowledge domain, at the 22nd International Conference on Non-Ferrous Minerals and Metals 2018 at Ranchi, Jharkhand?
1.Dr. Tapan Kumar Chand
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Dr. Tapan Kumar Chand
The Conference was organized by Corporate Monitor. It was inaugurated by Secretary, Ministry of Mines, Anil Gopishankar Mukim. Industry leaders and policy makers, including from major Non Ferrous producers like NALCO, Aditya Birla, Vedanta and HCL took part in the conference. A special NALCO (National Aluminium Company Limited) booklet on Sustainable Mining named ‘Mine with Mind’ was released.
- The Muthoot Pappachan Group has named actress _____ as its brand ambassador?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Vidya Balan
Vidya Balan has been appointed the brand ambassador for 2 years. The Muthoot Pappachan group will launch a new ad campaign, including TV commercials. A senior official of the Group said that, Rs 50 crore has been allotted for marketing campaign for this fiscal. Muthoot Pappachan Group is mainly involved in the financial services business. It is into two-wheeler finance, micro-finance, affordable housing finance, health, life and general insurance, precious metals, automotive, realty, hospitality and IT businesses, etc.
- When was World Chocolate Day celebrated all over the world?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.July 7
World Chocolate Day is celebrated every year on 7th July 2018. This day is said to be commercially celebrated since 2009. Cocoa is obtained from the fruit of cocoa trees that are native to Central and South America. It is said that chocolate was introduced in Europe in 1550. Until then it was known only to the natives of Mexico and parts of central and South America. World Chocolate Day is celebrated by consuming chocolate and performing other fun activities.
- On 7th July 2018, Kabutari Devi died following a heart attack, at a hospital in Uttarakhand. She was a ____?
1.Kumaoni folk singer
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Kumaoni folk singer
Kabutari Devi was 70 years old. Her songs expressed the struggles in the life of Pahari women. She made her first performance at All India Radio, Lucknow in the 1980s. She has received various awards including from the Ministry of Culture, Government of Uttarakhand.
- What was the theme of International Co-operative Day or International Day of Co-operatives that was celebrated on 7th July 2018?
2.Sustainable consumption and production of goods and services
3.Better Production and Useful Consumption
4.Growth of co-operative societies
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Sustainable consumption and production of goods and services
International Day of Cooperatives was celebrated for the first time in July 1923 by the international cooperative movement and the International Co-operative Alliance. It was celebrated as the UN International Day of Co-operatives for the first time in 1995. The aim of this day is to create awareness on cooperatives and promote international solidarity, economic efficiency, equality, and world peace. This day also aims to strengthen and extend partnerships between the international cooperative movement and governments, at local, national and international levels. The theme for International Day of Cooperatives 2018 is: “sustainable consumption and production of goods and services”. The Slogan is: Sustainable societies through cooperation.
- NASA’s _____, the mission that aims to get the closest to the Sun than ever by any human-made object has got its revolutionary heat shield “Thermal Protection System or TPS” permanently attached to the spacecraft?
1.Heather Solar Probe
2.Parker Solar Probe
3.Aviator Solar Probe
4.Minius Solar Probe
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Parker Solar Probe
NASA’s Parker Solar Probe will be launched in August 2018. The probe’s heat shield is called the Thermal Protection System or TPS. It was reinstalled on the spacecraft on 27th June 2018. The reinstallation of the heat shield was attached to the spacecraft during testing in 2017. This mission has been in the making for 60 years. Parker Solar Probe will travel to the Sun’s corona, a region of the solar atmosphere. The spacecraft’s orbit will carry it to within 4 million miles of the Sun’s surface with the help of its heat shield. There the spacecraft will collect data about the inner workings of the corona.
- On 5th July 2018, The Law Commission recommended that gambling and betting on sports, including cricket, to be allowed as regulated activities taxable under the direct and indirect tax regimes and used as a source for attracting foreign direct investment (FDI). Name the Chairman of Twenty-First Law Commission?
1.Justice Balbir Singh Chauhan
2.Justice Nasir Malik
3.Justice Surdeep Singh
4.Justice Sunil Mittal
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Justice Balbir Singh Chauhan
The commission’s report, Legal Framework: Gambling and Sports Betting including Cricket in India has recommended various changes in the law for regulating betting and generating tax revenues from it. The Parliament might also enact a model law for regulating gambling that would be adopted by the states or Parliament might legislate in exercise of its powers under Articles 249 or 252 of the Constitution. If legislation is made under Article 252, states other than the consenting states can freely adopt the same. The commission has also recommended linking Aadhar or PAN card of an individual indulging in betting and gambling. This would make the transaction cashless and regulate illegal activities like money laundering.
- On July 6, 2018, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, addressed the 8th International Convention of Saurashtra Patel Cultural Samaj through video conference which was held in ____?
1.California, United States of America
2.New York, United States of America
4.Colombo, Sri Lanka
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.California, United States of America
Prime Minister said that India would celebrate the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, beginning from 2nd of October. A mammoth Statue of Unity in the name of the Iron Man of India is being constructed on River Narmada and it will be completed on 31st October 2018.This would be the highest statue in the world.
- On July 5, 2018, The Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) has developed a mobile app _____ to protect interest of consumers?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.GST Verify
The app has been developed by B Raghu Kiran joint commissioner GST Hyderabad and is operational all across the country. Through this app the person collecting GST from consumers can be verified. It also provides the details of the person/ company collecting GST. Additionally, CBIC announced that a Composition Tax Payer should not collect the tax from his consumer.
- On 5th July 2018, India’s first biofortified sorghum (jowar) named _____ containing higher iron and zinc than regular sorghum was formally launched?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Parbhani Shakti
This improved sorghum variety has been developed by International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid-Tropics (ICRISAT). It was released for cultivation by Vasantrao Naik Marathwada Krishi Vidyapeeth (VNMKV), Maharashtra. The improved variety ICSR 14001 has been released as ‘Parbhani Shakti’ by VNMKV. Parbhani Shakti is cost-effective. It has been introduced as a sustainable solution to rectify micronutrient deficiency.
- On July 7, 2018, The Minister of State for Home Affairs Shri Hansraj Gangaram Ahir launched the first Cyber Forensic van of ____ Police and an online cyber crime portal where people can file complaint online regarding such crimes?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Delhi
It was also announced that the Ministry has earmarked Rs 25,000 crore for Police modernization and to deal with increasing rate of cyber crime in the country. Delhi Police has established Cyber Cells in 14 districts of Delhi working under the command of a Special Cyber Unit at Headquarter level. 800 Police officers have already been trained specially to deal with cyber crimes. About 2,500 senior citizens participated in the programme.
- On July 7, 2018, Commerce Secretary _____ chaired the first meeting of the task force set up to recommend the framework for a national policy on e-commerce?
3.Hari Kumar Narayanan
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Rita Teaotia
This is done on the decision of a think-tank constituted on the issue under the chairmanship of Commerce and Industry Minister Suresh Prabhu in April 2018. The issues to be discussed on this meeting will cover areas of : cross-border data flows, taxation, trade facilitation and logistics, consumer confidence, IPR and future tech, FDI and competition. The task force was further divided into nine sub-groups for preparing recommendations for the national policy on e-commerce by the Commerce ministry. The suggestions and recommendations emerging from the task force meeting will be submitted to the think tank for consideration by August 2018.
- On July 5, 2018, East Coast Railway launched highest ever 6 (six) Limited Height Subways (LHS) in which Division and completed it in a single block of four and half hours?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Sambalpur
It is a first of its kind not only in East Coast Railway, but also in the entire Indian Railways. Due to this seven unmanned Level Crossing gates will be totally closed in Bhawanipatna-Lanjigarh Road Section of Kalahandi area of Odisha.
- On July 5, 2018, which entity launched a Centre of Excellence for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (CoE – DSAI) in collaboration with the Government of Karnataka, in Bengaluru?
3.National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM)
4.National Informatics Centre (NIC)
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM)
The Centre of Excellence for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence will create a platform wherein stakeholders ranging from industry to academia can co-create digital solutions for Industry 4.0. NASSCOM will facilitate collaboration between NITI Aayog and CoEs and will include NITI Aayog as a knowledge partner. NASSCOM has partnered with Intel and IBM as its founding members and technology advisors for augmenting and accelerating the Data Science & Artificial Intelligence ecosystem in the country. FutureSkills, NASSCOM and Niti Aayog will join hands to innovate and cultivate skilling in India.
- On July 5,2018, which high court declared the entire animal kingdom, including birds and aquatic animals, as a legal entity having rights of a “living person”?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Uttarakhand
This decision was taken by a division bench of justices Rajiv Sharma and Lok Pal Singh. Invoking Article 21 of the Constitution, the court said that the animals can no longer be treated as properties and will be conferred with the status of “legal entity/legal person”. Earlier, similar rights were given to corporations, Hindu gods, holy scriptures and rivers. The court also declared all citizens of Uttarakhand “persons in loco parentis” (in the place of a parent) giving them the responsibility to protect animals and ensure their welfare.
- On July 7, 2018, the chief minister of which state set a “one person one car” policy for ministers and bureaucrats?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.West Bengal
According to the policy, In case of domestic travels, ministers and bureaucrats must avail low-cost airline and travel economy class. Foreign travels if any would be sanctioned only by her. She also ordered cuts on hospitality, food and refreshments on an emergency basis. Ministers and bureaucrats handling more than one department were cautioned against using multiple government vehicles from these departments.
- On July 6, 2018, the 2nd meeting of the joint working group on tourism cooperation between India and Nepal concluded in ____?
1.New Delhi, India
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Kathmandu, Nepal
Both sides agreed to jointly promote Buddhist and Ramayana circuits and Adventure tourism. This is first of its kind cooperation mechanism in the region wherein any two countries have agreed to promote each other’s’ tourist destinations. The group also decided to establish Indo-Nepal Tourism Forum which would be an industry-led cooperation forum with support of the two Governments. Also, agreement was made on improving critical tourism & enabling infrastructures such as overland road connectivity, further streamline of scheduled bus route operations including luxury bus coaches.
- On July 7, 2018, the UN member states approved a _____ budget for 13 peacekeeping operations from July 1, 2018, to June 30, 2019 and implementation of other reforms for the first time in more than 40 years?
1.USD 6.69 billion
2.USD 8.67 billion
3.USD 9.45 billion
4.USD 5.45 billion
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.USD 6.69 billion
The contribution of USD 6.69 billion dollars from member states would be invested in UN Peacekeeping missions. The missions include MINUJUSTH (United Nations Mission for Justice Support in Haiti), MINURSO (Mission for the Referendum in Western Sahara), MINUSCA (Multidimensional Integrated Stabilisation Mission in the Central African Republic), MONUSCO (Stabilisation Mission in the Democratic Republic of the Congo) and UNIFIL (Interim Force in Lebanon). The committee also approved of major management reforms, including the creation of two new departments focused on political and peace building affairs. They are: Departments of Political and Peace building Affairs and the Department of Peace Operations. This was announced on a draft resolution titled ‘Special subjects relating to the programme budget for the biennium 2018-2019’.
- On July 7, 2018, Shareholders of Reliance Industries have approved giving Mukesh Ambani another ____ years as the Chairman and Managing Director of the company?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.5
As many as 50,818 crore (98.5 %) shares out of a total share base of 616.45 crore voted on the resolution of his appointment taken during the 41st annual general meeting held on July 5,2018 in Mumbai. Mukesh Ambani ,61, has been on the board of Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) since 1977. He was nominated the Chairman of the company after the death of Dhirubhai Ambani in 2002. He will be given an annual salary of Rs. 4.17 crore and Rs.59 lakhs of perquisites and allowances.
- On July 7, 2018, which drug firm announced that it has got tentative nod from the US health regulator USFDA to market Deferasirox tablets?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Zydus Cadila
The tablet is used to treat high levels of iron in the body caused by multiple blood transfusions or non-transfusion-dependent thalassemia. It would be available in the strengths of 125 mg, 250 mg and 500 mg. The product will be manufactured at the group’s facility at SEZ, Ahmedabad. The estimated sale os Deferasirox tablets is USD 150.3 million.
- Which city has got Indian Railway’s first state-of-the-art air-conditioned mainline electrical multiple unit (MEMU)?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Nagpur
The Railways has dispatched its first state-of-the-art air-conditioned commuter train to Nagpur after Union minister Nitin Gadkari had mooted a proposal to bring them to his constituency, officials said. Rolled out on June 29 by the Integral Coach Factory, Chennai, the stainless steel-bodied mainline electrical multiple unit (MEMU) features 3-phase on-board electrics and modular toilets in every coach. As many as 139 people can sit in each coach, while the ‘standing capacity’ is 412. This MEMU train can carry upto 2,402 passengers. In April, the road transport & highways minister had said that the Regional Rapid Transit System with the modern MEMU would replace the existing passenger trains in Nagpur.
- Which country boycotted an informal UN Security Council meeting to mark the 20th anniversary of the statute that created the International Criminal Court (ICC)?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.United States
The United States boycotted an informal UN Security Council meeting to mark the 20th anniversary of the statute that created the International Criminal Court, ICC. Russia, China and other council members that don’t support the ICC attended yesterday’s meeting. A US official said, Trump administration decided not to participate after careful consideration. He said, US noted concerns about any potential ICC investigation of American personnel related to the situation in Afghanistan.
- On 7th July 2018, who was sworn in as new Chief Justice of the Hyderabad High Court for the states of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh in Hyderabad?
1.Justice Thottathil Bhaskaran Nair Radhakrishnan
2.Justice Balakrishna Achari
3.Justice Muralidhara Nair
4.Justice Paneer Selvam
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Justice Thottathil Bhaskaran Nair Radhakrishnan
Justice Thottathil Bhaskaran Nair Radhakrishnan was sworn in as new Chief Justice of the Hyderabad High Court for the states of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh in Hyderabad. Governor of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh ESL Narasimhan administered the oath at a function in the Raj Bhavan. Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao and Andhra Pradesh Deputy Chief Minister K E Krishna Murthy were present on the occasion. Justice Radhakrishnan was Chief Justice of the Chhattisgarh High Court before being shifted to Hyderabad. He was the Acting Chief Justice of the Kerala High Court for a brief period.
- On 29th June 2018, Steve Ditko passed away at his apartment in Manhattan, United States. He was a ___?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Comics Artist
Ditko was found June 29 in his Manhattan apartment and was pronounced dead at the scene, police Lt. Paul Ng said. No further details were immediately available. Ditko, along with writer Stan Lee, introduced the world to Peter Parker and his alter-ego Spider-Man in 1962 in an issue of “Amazing Fantasy.” A year later, Ditko introduced the world to surgeon-turned-metaphysical superhero Doctor Strange.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Name the Director General of International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid-Tropics (ICRISAT)?Dr. David Bergvinson
- Where is Jaldapara National Park located?West Bengal
- Name the CMD of Muthoot Pappachan Group?Thomas John Muthoot
- Where is Moin-ul-Haq Stadium located?Patna, Bihar
- Name the director general and headquarters of International Labour Organization (ILO)?Director-General – Guy Ryder; Headquarters – Geneva, Switzerland