AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz July 27 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On July 27, 2017, who among the following inaugurated APJ Abdul Kalam’s memorial in Rameshwaram in Tamil Nadu on the second death anniversary of the former president?
1.President Ram Nath Kovind
2.Vice President Hamid Ansari
3.Prime Minister Narendra Modi
4.Home Minister Rajnath Singh
5.Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K PalaniswamiAnswer – 3.Prime Minister Narendra Modi
The memorial has been designed and built by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO). It has been build at a cost of Rs. 20 crore and blends Mughal and Indian architecture.
- On July 26, 2017, Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modiwas apprised of the Joint Declaration of Intent between India and Germany on IGCS. Abbreviation IGCS stands for:
1.Indo German-Centre for Sustainability
2.Indo German-Consultation for Sustainability
3.Indo German-Centre for Safety
4.Indo German-Centre for Security
5.Indo German-Consultation for SecurityAnswer – 1.Indo German-Centre for Sustainability
The Union Cabinet has been apprised of the Joint Declaration of Intent (JDI) between Department of Science & Technology (DST), India and the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF), Germany on Indo German-Centre for Sustainability (IGCS).
- Union Cabinet has approved revision of cost of Socio Economic and Caste Census 2011 to _______ crore from the earlier approved estimated expenditure of Rs.3543.29 crore.
5.8893.60Answer – 1.4893.60
Before the availability of SECC -21011 data, Below Poverty Line (BPL) list prepared in 2002, by States/UTs was being used for identifying beneficiaries of development programmes and schemes including Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana-Gramin (PMAY-G) and National Social Assistance Programme (NSAP). The 2002 BPL list attracted claims of biases. It was decided by the Government on 19.05.2011 to launch a Socio Economic and Caste Census 2011 in order to get data for ranking of households for receiving benefits from the Government.
- Which among the following metro service has announced the launch of India’s first Mobile Ticketing System ‘OnGo’?
5.Mumbai MetroAnswer – 5.Mumbai Metro
On July 26, 2017, Mumbai Metro announced the launch of India’s first Mobile Ticketing System ‘OnGo’ which will help commuters pass the gates using their mobile phones. The system is in the final advanced stage of testing and will be implemented by mid-August.
- BRICS Labour & Employment Ministers’ Meet was held on 26thand 27th July, 2017 in:
5.Suzhou, ChinaAnswer – 1.Chonqging, China
BRICS Labour & Employment Ministers’ Meet was held on 26th and 27th July, 2017 in Chonqging, China. Indian delegation to this meet was led by Bandaru Dattatreya, the Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Labour & Employment. M Sathiyavathy, Secretary ( Labour and Employment), Manish Gupta, Joint Secretary, Anuja Bapat, Director and Prof Sasikumar, Sr. Fellow, VVGNLI were also the part of Indian delegation.
- Bombay Stock Exchange has signed a MoU with which entity for cooperation in exchange of information across business areas?
5.Portugal ExchangeAnswer – 3.Egyptian Exchange
Through this memorandum of understanding (MoU), both exchanges have created possibilities for a range of opportunities to be studied and explored for the development of their businesses, products and markets and to share knowledge and build on both bourses’ strategies to strengthen international connectivity.
- Global food standard-setting body Codex Alimentarius Commission (CAC)adopted Codex standard for which spice at its recent meeting in Geneva, Switzerland?
5.All of the aboveAnswer – 5.All of the above
Global food standard-setting body Codex Alimentarius Commission (CAC) adopted three Codex standards for black, white and green pepper, cumin and thyme paving the way for a universal agreement on identifying quality spices in various countries. These three Codex standards were adopted at CAC’s recent meeting in Geneva, Switzerland.
- On July 22, 2017, which country sent its first uranium shipment to India for testing purposes ahead of possible commercial sales?
Australia has sent its first uranium shipment to India for testing purposes ahead of possible commercial sales. This comes after India and Australia signed an agreement for civil nuclear cooperation in 2014 to meet India’s growing energy needs. This is a first of its kind agreement as India is not a party to the nuclear non-proliferation treaty.
- On July 27, 2017, Janata Dal (United) President, Nitish Kumar took oath as Chief Minister of Bihar for _____ time.
5.9th timeAnswer – 2.6th time
Ending the grand alliance between his party, Congress and Lalu Prasad Yadav’s Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD), Nitish Kumar will now form the new government with the support of BJP-led NDA. Senior Bihar BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi also took oath as Deputy Chief Minister.
- Scientists from which space agency will fly inside high-speed “eclipse jets” and chase the shadow of total solar eclipse in August 2017 to extend its observation time for study purpose?
2.European Space Agency
3.Chinese Space Agency
4.Russian Space Agency
5.NASAAnswer – 5.NASA
For total solar eclipse in August 2017, NASA scientists have mentioned that extending the observing time and going to very high altitude in jets might allow them to see a few events or track waves that would be essentially invisible in just two minutes of observations from the ground.
- For the first time, scientists in which country have genetically modified a human embryo?
5.New ZealandAnswer – 2.US
Scientists in the US for the first time have successfully used gene-editing tools on human embryos to correct defective DNA that cause inherited diseases. This study may open gates to Designer Babies.
- On July 27, 2017, Government launched which apps for dissemination of earthquake parameters to the user community in timely manner for their safety?
5.‘India Quatrz’Answer – 2.‘India Quake’
The government has launched two Mobile apps – ‘India Quake’ for dissemination of earthquake parameters to the user community in timely manner for their safety. Developed by the National Centre for Seismology (NCS), the ‘India Quake’ will automatically disseminate relevant parameter (location, time and magnitude) after the occurrence of earthquakes.
- Which state has recorded second highest Tiger count in India?
5.RajasthaAnswer – 3.Uttarakhand
Home to the country’s second highest tiger population, Uttarakhand has recorded a massive jump in the tiger numbers with the Corbett Tiger Reserve becoming home to 45 more tigers since 2015 and the Rajaji Tiger Reserve having 18 more big cats than were recorded in the 2014 tiger census. Karnataka is the number one state in tiger count with nearly 400 tigers.
- Scientists have identified a new species of glow-in-the-dark shark, which lives 1,000 feet below the Pacific Ocean off the coast of:
1.Northwestern Costa Rica
4.Northwestern Hawaiian islands
5.Northwestern ArgentinaAnswer – 4.Northwestern Hawaiian islands
Scientists have identified a new species of glow-in-the-dark shark that has an unusually large nose, weighs a little less than a kilo and measures less than a foot. The new species, a member of the lanternshark family, has been named Etmopterus lailae. It lives 1,000 feet below the Pacific Ocean off the coast of the northwestern Hawaiian islands.
- Which country will host Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Under-19 championship next year?
5.IndonesiaAnswer – 5.Indonesia
The Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Competition Committee on July 26, 2107 officially awarded Indonesia the hosting of the AFC Under-19 championship next year. The AFC U-19 championship is scheduled to be held from October 18 to November 4 of next year.
- N. Dharam Singh, who passed away on July 27, 2017, was former Chief Minister of:
5.Madhya PradeshAnswer – 4.Karnataka
Mr. Singh was the 17th Chief Minister of Karnataka. He headed the Congress-Janata Dal (Secular) coalition government from May 2004 to February 2006. Born on December 25, 1936 at Nelogi village of Jewargi taluk in Kalaburagi district, Mr. Singh represented the Karnataka Legislative Assembly seven times without a defeat and was a member of the Lok Sabha from the Bidar constituency since 2009.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.