AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 20 February 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- India to get world’s cleanest petrol and diesel by proceeding to Bharat stage – VI engines in effective from?
1) 1 April, 2020
2) 31 March, 2020
3) 1 July, 2020
4) 15 August, 2020
5) 1 October, 2020Answer-1) 1 April, 2020
India to switch to World’s cleanest petrol and diesel from April 1,2020, when it proceeds to Bharat Stage (BS-VI) from BS-IV grades at present. India will join the select league of nations using petrol & diesel which contains 10ppm (parts per millions of Sulphur which cuts down vehicular discharge that is stated to be one of the reasons for pollution.
- The report by EY (Ernst & Young Private Limited) titled “Today for tomorrow: realising the potential of Life Sciences 4.0” was released in 17th BioAsia 2020. The BioAsia 2020 held at ?
1) Amaravati, Andhra Pradesh
2) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
3) Hyderabad, Telangana
4) Bengaluru, Karnataka
5) Mumbai, MaharashtraAnswer-3) Hyderabad, Telangana
BioAsia 2020 was held at the life science capital of India i.e. Hyderabad, Telangana from 17th- 19th February, 2020 on the theme “Today for Tomorrow”. It was hosted by the Government of Telangana in partnership with EY (Ernst & Young Private Limited). It was the 17th edition of the flagship international convention – BioAsia, whose CEO is Shakthi Nagappan. The event was attended by Piyush Goyal, Minister for Commerce and Industry.
- The Northeast Frontier railway construction has built India’s largest pier bridge in which Indian state (Feb 2020)?
5) Arunachal PradeshAnswer-4) Manipur
The northeast frontier railway construction has constructed India’s tallest railway pier bridge. It is built across the Makru river in the Tamenglong – Noney district of Manipur.
- According to Union Minister of Coal & Mines Pralhad Joshi, India to stop import coal from which financial year (FY) _____?
5) 2024-2025Answer-4) 2023-2024
Union Minister of Coal & Mines Shri Pralhad Joshi informed about the India will stop importing thermal coal from FY 2023-2024 at two-day national workshop called ‘Chintan Shivir’ at kevada in Gujarat on 17th& 18th February 2020.
- The 8th edition of ‘Ganga Kayak festival’ was celebrated in which Indian state (Feb 17-20, 2020)?
1) Arunachal Pradesh
2) Himachal Pradesh
5) PunjabAnswer-3) Uttarakhand
8th edition of the “Ganga Kayak festival” was inaugurated by MLA (Member of the Legislative Assembly) Vinod Kandari in Devprayag, Uttarakhand. The festival was celebrated for 3 days from feb.17, 2020 to feb. 19, 2020.
- Which Indian state/UT government has announced 50% subsidy for ‘ulemas’ (Muslim Scholars) to purchase 2-wheeler vehicle?
2) West Bengal
4) Tamil Nadu
5) Jammu & KashmirAnswer-4) Tamil Nadu
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister (CM) Palaniswami has announced a 50 % subsidy for ‘ulemas’ (Muslim scholars who are recognized as having specialist knowledge of Islamic sacred law) to purchase a new two-wheeler and increase their pension to Rs 3,000.
- Who has inaugurated the Indian pavilion at 70th edition of Berlin International Film festival (Berlinale) 2020 in Berlin, Gernmany?
1) Amit Shah
2) Rajnath Singh
3) Ravi Shankar Prasad
4) Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
5) Harsimat Kaur BadalAnswer-4) Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
External affairs minister(EAM) Dr S. Jaishankar inaugurated Indian Pavilion at the 70th edition of Berlin International Film Festival (Berlinale) 2020 in Berlin, Germany.
- Union Food processing industries Minister Harsimat Kaur Badal, has inaugurated Indian Pavilion at 25th edition of GulFood 2020. The GulFood 2020 held at?
1) Dubai, UAE
2) Doha, Qatar
3) Rome, Italy
4) New Delhi, India
5) Moscow, RussiaAnswer-1) Dubai, UAE
The Union Minister for Food Processing Industries, Smt. Harsimrat Kaur Badal has paid a 3-day (February 16-18, 2020) visit to Dubai, UAE (United Arab Emirates) to attend the 25th Gulfood 2020. Food Processing Industries Minister, Harsimrat Kaur Badal has inaugurated the India Pavilion at 25th Edition of the GulFood 2020 in Dubai, UAE held from 16th to 20th February 2020.
- Which Indian Private sector bank along with MasterCard and SAP concur jointly partnered for corporate spending?
1) Axis Bank
2) Yes Bank
3) HDFC Bank
4) ICICI Bank
5) IndusInd BankAnswer-3) HDFC Bank
HDFC (Housing Development Finance Corporation), MasterCard and SAP concur, jointly partnered for corporate spending for the business travelers, it provides Integral solution for business related expenditure (plane tickets, hotel bookings) and Invoice management services.
- Which Indian private sector bank gets Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) approval for reducing the promotor’s stake to 26%?
1) Axis Bank
2) Kotak Mahindra Bank
3) Development Credit Bank
4) Bandhan Bank
5) IndusInd BankAnswer-2) Kotak Mahindra Bank
Kotak Mahindra Bank,an Indian private sector bank has received final approval from Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to reduce the promoter’s stake to 26 %.
- Which Indian PSU signed MoU with Energy Efficiency Service Limited (EESL) for installing 1000 public Electrical Vehicle charging stations?
1) Coal India Limited (CIL)
2) National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC)
3) Defence Research Development Organization (DRDO)
4) Indian Railways
5) Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL)Answer-5) Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL)
State-owned Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) has signed an MoU with BSNL (Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited) for installing 1000 public charging stations for Electric Vehicles.
- As per the report titled ‘Women Entrepreneurship in India – Powering the economy with her’ women entrepreneurs can create around 170 million jobs in India. The report was published by which management consultant company along with Google?
3) McKinsey & Company
4) Bain & Company
5) CapgeminiAnswer-4) Bain & Company
The report titled ‘Women Entrepreneurship in India – Powering the economy with her’ by Bain & Company and Google, Indian women entrepreneurs can generate transformational employment in India with 150–170 million job opportunities, which is more than 25% of the new jobs required for the entire working age population by 2030. The lead author of the report was Meghna Chawla, a Bain & Company partner. The report identifies six dominant segments of female entrepreneurs and estimates India to have 13.5–15.7 million enterprises owned by women, representing about 20% of all enterprises.
- With which country India has recently (Feb 2020) signed MoU for regular passenger bus service?
5) Sri LankaAnswer-1) Myanmar
On February 14, 2020 MOU was signed for regular passenger bus service between Imphal and Mandalay. The bus service will begin from April. The MOU was signed between Shwe Mandalar Express Company limited, Yangoon & Seven Sisters Holiday, Imphal.
- The Central government has appointed 3 experts as member of National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA). Who is the Chairperson of NDMA?
1) Narendra Modi
2) Ram Nath Govind
3) Raj Nath Singh
4) Amit Shah
5) Nirmala SitharamanAnswer-1) Narendra Modi
The Government of India has approved the appointment of Rajendra Singh (former Director General of the Indian coast guard), Syed Ata Hasnain (former Lt. General of Army) and Krishna Vatsa (Policy and Recovery Advisory, Climate change and disaster risk reduction, United nations Development Program) as the members of National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA). NDMA was established in 2005 with Prime Minister of India as chairperson (Currently, Narendra Modi).
- Who has attended as India’s delegate in Munich Security Conference 2020 held at Munich, Germany from February14 – 16 2020?
1) Amit Shah
2) Rajnath Singh
3) Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
4) Narendra Modi
5) Shripad Yesso NaikAnswer-3) Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
External Affairs minister (EAM), Subrahmanyam Jaishankar has attended the 3-day long Munich Security Conference 2020, the world’s leading forum for debate on international security policy, held at Hotel Bayerischer Hof in Munich, Germany from February14 – 16 2020.
- According to the 2nd advance estimates for crop year 2019-20 by Department of Agriculture, Cooperation and Farmers Welfare the food grain production is estimated at record of _______ (in million tonnes)?
5) 237.11Answer-4) 291.95
In accordance with the Second Advance Estimates for crop year 2019-20 by the Department of Agriculture, Cooperation and Farmers Welfare, the total foodgrain production in the country is estimated at record 291.95 million tonnes as compared to the production of foodgrain of 285.21 million tonnes in 2018-19. It should be noted that the 2019-20 production is also higher by 26.20 million tonnes than the previous five years’ (2013-14 to 2017-18) average production of foodgrain.
- According to the report, “A future for the world’s children?” Commissioned by WHO–UNICEF–Lancet ‘Child Flourishing Index’ is topped by Norway. What is rank of India in the index?
5) 133Answer-4) 131
According to the report, “A future for the world’s children?” commissioned by the World Health Organization (WHO), United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) and The Lancet medical journal, India ranks 131st in the Flourishing Index of Children’s Survival, health, education and Well-being. The Index was topped by Norway and Central African Republic at bottom of the list.
- According to the report, “A future for the world’s children?” commissioned by WHO–UNICEF–Lancet ‘Sustainability Index’ is topped by Burundi. What is rank of India in the index?
5) 87Answer-2) 77
According to the report, “A future for the world’s children?” commissioned by the World Health Organization (WHO), United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) and The Lancet medical journal, India ranks 77th in terms of Sustainability Index of Children’s Survival, health, education and Well-being. The Index was topped by Burundi and Qatar at bottom.
- Which social network service company has acquired the chroma labs founded by Facebook veterans (Feb 2020)?
5) SnapchatAnswer-2) Twitter
Twitter has acquired California-based Chroma Labs for an undisclosed amount. Chroma Labs develop tools for short-form video & photo creation and was founded by 7 Facebook and Instagram workers in 2018.
- Which is the first ever high altitude long endurance solar-powered unmanned aircraft which was tested successfully recently (Feb 2020)?
1) PHASA – 22
2) PHASA – 32
3) PHASA – 35
4) PHASA – 44
5) PHASA – 26Answer-3) PHASA – 35
High Altitude Long Endurance vehicle (HALE), Persistent High Altitude Solar Aircraft (PHASA)- 35 has the potential to remain airborne for a year is the First ever long endurance solar-powered unmanned aircraft which has successfully completed its maiden test flight and it developed by BAE systems in collaboration with Prismatic Ltd.
- Which is the 1st South Asian country to host 2022 Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Women’s Asian Cup?
5) BhutanAnswer-2) India
The Women’s Committee of the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) informed that India has been recognised as the first South Asian to host the 2022 AFC Women’s Asian Cup, in the meeting held at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- The All India Football Federation (AIFF) has received “Grassroots charter bronze level” membership of Asian Football Confederation (AFC). Where is the Headquarters of AFC located at?
1) Doha, Qatar
2) New Delhi, India
3) Dhaka, Bangladesh
4) Beijing, China
5) Kuala Lumpur, MalaysiaAnswer-5) Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The All India Football Federation (AIFF) had received the “Grassroots Charter Bronze Level” membership which will allow the national body to promote its basic-level events recognised by Asian Football Confederation (AFC). Headquarters of AFC- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- India to host the U-17 Women’s World Cup 2020 (Nov 2 – 21, 2020). What is the slogan of the tournament?
1) “Play with an Open Heart”
2) “Kick Off the Dream”
3) “Be Brave, Be Bold”
4) “The Wings of Women’s pride”
5) “Billion people, One sport”Answer-2) “Kick Off the Dream”
Union Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju announced the 5 host cities of India for the FIFA (Federation Internationale de Football Association) Under-17 Women’s Football World Cup which begins on 2nd November 2020. The official slogan of the match is: Kick Off the Dream.
- Who unveiled the 64th edition of the book “The Reference Annual – India / Bharat – 2020” published by Publication division (India) along with New Media Wing?
1) Nirmala Sitharaman
2) Ravi Shankar Prasad
3) Prakash Javadekar
4) Nitin Gadkari
5) Piyush GoyalAnswer-3) Prakash Javadekar
The Union cabinet Minister for the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change Shri. Prakash Javadekar has released the 64th Edition of the book “The Reference Annual- India/Bharat-2020” in both English and Hindi and also released the e-version of the book.
- Velagapudi Lakshmana Dutt who passed away recently (Feb 2020) is the former president of which Indian organization/Association?
1) Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
2) Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI)
3) PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry
4) National Association of Software & Service Companies (NASSCOM)
5) The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM)Answer-2) Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI)
Velagapudi Lakshmana Dutt, former FICCI (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry) President & Executive Chairman of KCP Group passed away at the age of 82 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. Dutt was born on December 27, 1937 and was educated in London.
- Which Indian state announced to celebrate February 24 as ‘State girl child protection day’ as remembrance of the former CM of the state?
2) West Bengal
3) Tamil Nadu
5) HaryanaAnswer-3) Tamil Nadu
According to the Tamil Nadu (TN) Chief Minister(CM) ,Karuppa Gounder Palanisamy (known as Edappadi K. Palaniswami),the state government will celebrate the birth anniversary of former CM Jayaram Jayalalithaa on February 24 as ‘State Girl Child Protection Day’ in honor of the passion with which she worked for the well-being of children, especially girls.
- The Theme of World Day of social justice 2020 is “Closing the Inequalities Gap to Achieve Social Justice”. The World day of social justice celebrated every year on?
1) February 17
2) February 18
3) February 19
4) February 20
5) February 21Answer-4) February 20
World Day of Social Justice is observed annually on February 20. The day creates awareness against social injustice regarding gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, culture or disability. Theme of 2020: “Closing the Inequalities Gap to Achieve Social Justice”.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Which Indian State is nicknamed as ‘Life science capital of India’? Answer-Telangana
- Najma Heptulla is the Governor of which Indian state? Answer-Manipur
- What is the capital & currency of Myanmar? Answer-Capital – Naypyidaw & Currency – Burmese Kyat
- Who is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Twitter? Answer-Jack Dorsey
- Pramod Bhagat is related to which sports? Answer-Para Badminton
Badminton World Federation (BWF), the international governing body for the sport of badminton has organized Brazil Para badminton International 2020 in Sao Paulo, Brazil from 10 – 15 February 2020. India ended its campaign with 11 medals (4 Gold, 5 Silver,2 Bronze). Indian para-badminton player Pramod Bhagat from Odisha claimed 2 gold medals for India at the Championship.
- Khajuraho Dance festival was celebrated in which Indian state? Answer-Madhya Pradesh
- Name the Novel, which predicted Wuhan virus 40years before coronavirus outbreak? Answer-The Eyes of Darkness by Dean Koontz
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/february-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try February Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]