Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs August 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- In which place, Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports as well as Government of Uttar Pradesh, organized a National Convention of Gram Pradhans ?
D.AhmedabadAnswer – C.Allahabad
The Convention aims to rally Gram Pradhans of 1651 villages in 52 districts and 5 States situated along the banks of the river Ganga.
- Which government approved a new debt relief scheme for low income and poor people who face the threat of revenue recovery proceedings?
D.Andhra PradeshAnswer – B.Kerala
This debt relief is for those who availed loans from the State Housing Board, Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe Backward Welfare Corporation, State Women’s Development Corporation, The Kerala State Handicapped Persons Welfare Corporation and Revenue Departments.
- Which Commission have approved a wage hike along with a hike in Market Development Assistance?
A.Micro and Macro Industries Commission
B.Cotton and Wool Industries Commission
C.Small and Cottage Industries Commission
D.Khadi and Village Industries CommissionAnswer – D.Khadi and Village Industries Commission
The KVIC has informed that spinners will now earn 5.50 rupees instead of 4 rupees per hank with an additional 10 percent Market Development Assistance.
- Who has been inaugurated The Animal Birth Control Centre at Kedarpuram Uttarakhand?
D.Smriti IraniAnswer – A.Maneka Gandhi
The Union Woman and Child Development Minister Maneka Gandhi inaugurated The Animal Birth Control Centre at Kedarpuram Uttarakhand. The centre was developed at a cost about 1.5 crore.
- In which place, India is positioned in the fixed broadband adoption ranking among the Asia Pacific Region?
D.13Answer – B.39
India ranks a low 39th in terms of fixed broadband adoption among Asia Pacific countries, with just 1.3% of its citizens subscribing to such a service in 2015.
- What is the name of internet based trading platform by which Andhra Bank government jointly with Geojit BNP Paribas Financial Services?
D.AB eTradeAnswer – D.AB eTrade
Andhra Bank government jointly with Geojit BNP Paribas Financial Services has launched a three-in-one online investment and trading platform christened AB eTrade which integrates savings and demat accounts with online trading.
- Which date is celebrated as Sadbhavana Diwas each year all over the India to commemorate the birth anniversary of the former Prime Minister of India named Rajiv Gandhi?
D.August 23Answer – A.August 20
The Sadbhavana (means having good feelings for others) Diwas or Harmony Day is celebrated to bestow the good feelings for others was the only the mission of the government of Rajiv Gandhi.
- Which international cricket umpire died at the age of 71 at a South Kolkata hospital after battling cancer?
D.Subrata BanerjeeAnswer – D.Subrata Banerjee
Bengal’s leading international cricket umpire Subrata Banerjee died at the age of 71 at a South Kolkata hospital after battling cancer.
- Which company has recently launched Virtual Reality Headset called Project Alloy?
D.IntexAnswer – C.Intel
Intel has unveiled a Virtual Reality headset to take on Oculus, HTC and Microsoft. This headset, called Project Alloy, will offer ‘mixed reality’ – bridging the gap between VR headsets such as the Oculus Rift and AR headsets such as the Microsoft Holo Lens, which projects holographic data onto the wearer’s field of vision.
- Which is incorrect statement related to the US Researchers approaches on Zika Virus?
A.Zika virus study published in the journal Cell Stem Cell
B.Zika virus causes long term memory damage
C.Zika virus is not similiar to the Alzheimer’s disease
D.Zika virus attacks progenitor cellsAnswer – C.Zika virus is not similiar to the Alzheimer’s disease
According to a study published in the journal Cell Stem Cell, U.S. researchers have found evidence that a certain kind of brain cell present in newborns that remains in some amounts in adulthood can be susceptible to Zika infection.
- Who has been re-appointed as the Chairman of telecom giant Bharti Airtel for another five year, with effect from October 1, 2016?
D.Suhail LambaAnswer – C.Sunil Mittal
Sunil Bharti Mittal is an Indian entrepreneur, philanthropist and the Founder & Chairman of Bharti Enterprises, which has diversified interests in telecom, insurance, real estate, hospitality, agri and food besides other ventures.
- What is the name of Chinese E-commerce giant Alibaba Group launched a book donation drive?
B.Mission Billion Books
C.Mission Million Books
D.Mission Trillion BooksAnswer – C.Mission Million Books
The drive is carried out in association with Crossword and Ratna Nidhi Charitable Trust, Alibaba Group will also donate over 50,000 books to the campaign, and Alibaba.com and mobile browser UC Web will be online marketing support platform.
- The government has selected four investment banks namely Nomura, SBI Caps, ICICI Securities and IDBI Capital for the proposed share sale in _________.
D.HUDCOAnswer – D.HUDCO
Department of Investment and Public Asset Management (DIPAM), the nodal agency under the finance ministry that co-ordinates government disinvestment programme has selected these four investment banks for the proposed share sale in HUDCO.
- Who has been accrediated as India’s new Ambassador to Georgia with residence in Yerevan (Armenia)?
D.Suhail KhanAnswer – A.Yogeshwar Sangwan
Georgia is a country in the Caucasus region of Eurasia. Located at the crossroads of Western Asia and Eastern Europe, it is bounded to the west by the Black Sea, to the north by Russia, to the south by Turkey and Armenia, and to the southeast by Azerbaijan.
- Which council has awarded SK Sharma Chairman and Managing Director of Bharat Electronics Limited as the Most Enterprising CEO in Electronics Sector?
A.Statutory Councils of India
B.Indian Carpet Export Promotion Council
C.Indo Vietnam Business Council
D.Indo Global Business CouncilAnswer – D.Indo Global Business Council
New Delhi based Indo Global Business Council (IGBC), a policy think-tank based has awarded SK Sharma Chairman and Managing Director of Bharat Electronics Limited as the Most Enterprising CEO in Electronics Sector.
- Which day is observed on August 20, 2016 ?
A.World Malaria Day
B.World Mosquito Day
C.World Dengue Day
D.World Diabetes DayAnswer – B.World Mosquito Day
World Mosquito Day, observed annually on 20 August, is a commemoration of British doctor Sir Ronald Ross’s discovery in 1897 that female mosquitoes transmit malaria between humans.