AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 7 May 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Indian Navy has launched operation “Samudra Setu” to bring back 1000 stranded Indian citizens from which country?
3) Sri Lanka
5) IndonesiaAnswer-4) Maldives
As a part of the Centre government’s plan to repatriate stranded Indians abroad due to COVID-19 outbreak, Indian Navy has launched Operation “Samudra Setu” (Sea Bridge) to bring back 1000 Indians from Maldives. In this regard, Indian Navy has sent two India Naval Ships (INS) viz. Jalashwa and Magar on May 5, 2020 to Maldives capital Male to commence the first phase of the evacuation operations of Indians stranded abroad from May 8, 2020.
- In association with Piramal foundation which organisation has launched ‘Surakshit Dada-Dadi & Nana-Nani Abhiyan’ campaign.
1) Finance Commission (FC)
2) National Institution for Transforming India(NITI) Aayog
3) Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
4) National Development Council (NDC)
5) Central Social Welfare Board (CSWB)Answer-2) National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog
The National Institution for Transforming India(NITI) Aayog in association with Piramal Foundation(the philanthropic arm of the Piramal Group) launched virtually the ‘Surakshit Dada-Dadi & Nana-Nani Abhiyan’ campaign to ensure well-being of senior citizens during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- What is the name of the programme launched by Himachal Pradesh government to educate family members of migrant returnees?
5) SindhyaAnswer-1) Nigah
Himachal Pradesh(HP) government plans to launch a new programme ‘Nigah’ to sensitize and educate the family members of the people coming to the state from other parts of the country.
- As per the report titled “Lost at home”, total number of new internal displacements in 2019 stood at 5million (approx) in India. Which organisation released the report?
1) International Monetary Fund (IMF)
2) United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)
3) United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
4) Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
5) United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)Answer-3) United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
In accordance with the report by United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) titled “Lost at Home:The risks and challenges for internally displaced children and the urgent actions needed to protect them”. As per the report, at the end of 2019, an estimated 46 million people were internally displaced by conflict and violence, out of which, more than 4 in 10 or 19 million were children.In India, the total number of new internal displacements(displaced within their own countries) in 2019 stood at 5,037,000 including 5,018,000 due to natural disasters and 19,000 because of conflict and violence.
- With which IIT the Punjab National Bank Housing Finance Limited has signed a MoU to develop reusable PPE kits?
1) IIT Delhi
2) IIT Madras
3) IIT Hyderabad
4) IIT Ropar
5) IIT BombayAnswer-1) IIT Delhi
Punjab National Bank Housing Finance Limited(PNBHFL) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) with Indian Institute of Technology(IIT) Delhi to support the research and development of a unique prototype material to be used in the manufacture of washable and reusable Personal Protective Equipment(PPE) surgical gowns and masks by using Jacquard knitting technology(machine knitting with a jacquard attachment that makes patterns by the use of colored yarns).
- Name the Indian PSU which signed MoU with NOCCA Robotics (the incubated start-up in IIT Kanpur) to manufacture ventilators for COVID-19 treatment.
1) Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers (GRSE)
2) Airports Authority of India (AAI)
3) Chennai Petroleum Corporation (CPCL)
4) Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL)
5) Bharat Dynamics Limited(BDL)Answer-5) Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL)
Bharat Dynamics Limited(BDL), a defence Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) with Indian Institute of Technology(IIT), Kanpur for the large-scale manufacture of ventilators developed by NOCCA Robotics(incubated start-up of IIT Kanpur)Pune, Maharashtra to enhance the development of affordable ventilators for COVID-19 treatment & is in line with ‘Make in India’.
- Which lab of CSIR has signed MoU with Tata Sons for licensing of ‘KNOWHOW’ related to the development for “FELUDA” rapid diagnosis of COVID-19?
1) Indian Institute of Chemical Technology
2) Institute of Microbial Technology
3) National Environmental Engineering Research Institute
4) Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology
5) Central Road Research InstituteAnswer-4) Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology
Constituent lab of CSIR, Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology(CSIR-IGIB) and TATA Sons signed an MoU for licensing of KNOWHOW related to the development for FNCAS9 EDITOR LINKED UNIFORM DETECTION ASSAY (FELUDA) FOR RAPID DIAGNOSIS OF COVID-19.
- Name the present Economic affairs secretary of India, who has been appointed as director on the central board of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in May 2020.
1) Tarun Bajaj
2) Ajay Kumar Bhalla
3) Rajeev Singh Thakur
4) Atanu Chakraborty
5) Rajiv KumarAnswer-1) Tarun Bajaj
The government appointed Economic Affairs Secretary Tarun Bajaj, a 1988 batch Indian Administration Service(IAS) officer, as a director on the central board of the Reserve Bank of India(RBI). He replaces Atanu Chakraborty, who retired on April 30.
- Name the person who has been re-appointed as the chairman of Parliament’s public accounts committee.
1) Anto Antony
2) Abdul Khaleque
3) Sonia Gandhi
4) Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury
5) Kumbakudi SudhakaranAnswer-4) Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury
Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury, Congress Leader of Lok Sabha was reappointed as Chairperson of the Parliament’s Public Accounts Committee(PAC) by Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla.
- Who has been appointed as the Director general of Labour Bureau in Ministry of Labour and Employment?
1) D P S Negi
2) A B Pandey
3) A S Mishra
4) T N Ramakrishnan
5) B N NandaAnswer-1) D P S Negi
D P S Negi, a 1985 batch IES (Indian Economic Services) officer has assumed charge as Director General (DG) of Labour Bureau in the Ministry of Labour and Employment by replacing B N Nanda. In addition, he also takes charge as Senior Labour & Employment Advisor of the ministry. It is for the first time a dual duty has been given to an IES officer.
- Name the IIT professor who has received Young Career Award 2020 in Nano Science and Technology conferred by the Department of Science and Technology (DST).
1) Ajit K Chaturvedi
2) Nitin Nohria
3) Saurabh Lodha
4) T Pradeep
5) Sangeetha N. BhatiaAnswer-3) Saurabh Lodha
Professor Saurabh Lodha of Electrical Engineering of IIT Bombay received Young Career Award 2020 in Nano Science and Technology by the Department of Science and Technology(DST), Government of India to recognize his contribution for the development of two-dimensional Van der Waals material-based logic transistor technologies beyond silicon and nanoelectronic.
- Which Institute of National importance in India have developed two types of nasal and oral swabs and viral transport medium for COVID-19 testing.
1) Central Electronics Engineering Research Institute
2) Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Science and Technology
3) National Institute of Science Technology and Development Studies
4) Central Scientific Instruments Organisation
5) National Institute of Science Communication & Information ResourcesAnswer-2) Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Science and Technology
Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology (SCTIMST), Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, isan autonomous institute under the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India (GOI) have developed two types of nasal and oral swabs and viral transport medium for COVID-19 testing.
- Tennis player Youssef Hossam was banned from the sport for life by Tennis Integrity Unit (TIU – headquartered at London) recently. He belongs to which country?
5) SwedenAnswer-3) Egypt
Tennis Integrity Unit (TIU) has banned Egyptian tennis player Youssef Hossam (21) for life after being involved in a number of match-fixing and corruption cases.
- Name the person who authored the book titled ‘Vijyant at Kargil: The Life of a Kargil Hero’.
1) VN Thapar
2) Neha Dwivedi
3) Vijaya Gupta
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) Both 1) and 3)Answer-4) Both 1) and 2)
The book titled as ‘Vijyant at Kargil: The Life of a Kargil Hero’ authored by Vijyant’s father Colonel VN Thapar and writer Neha Dwivedi, a martyr’s daughter. Its e-book will be released on May 15. It is published by Penguin Random House.
- Former Union Minister Dalit Ezhilmalai who passed away in May 2020 belongs to which Indian state?
2) Tamil Nadu
4) Andhra Pradesh
5) TelanganaAnswer-2) Tamil Nadu
Dalit Ezhilmalai the Former Union Minister of State for Health passed away at 74 in his residence in Chennai, Tamil Nadu due to cardiac arrest he did not have any obvious illness. He was born on 24th July 1945 in Irumbedu village, Chengalpattu, Tamil Nadu. He participated in the Indo-Pak War of 1971 as an army officer and received Sainik Sewa Medal for his meritorious service.
- When was International No Diet Day observed annually?
1) May 6
2) May 4
3) May 3
4) May 1
5) May 2Answer-1) May 6
International No Diet Day (INDD) is an annual event observed on May 6 to promote a healthy lifestyle and raise awareness of the dangers and futility of dieting. The day also aims awareness about the various dieting disorders which exist such as anorexia and bulimia. The INDD symbol is a blue ribbon.
- In accordance with World Meteorological Organization (WMO), the “record-level” ozone hole over which region (that was in news in March 2020) has now closed?
5) AtlanticAnswer-1) Artic
In accordance with the United Nations (UN) World Meteorological Organization (WMO), “record-level” ozone hole over the Arctic, which was in news in March 2020, has now closed. Scientists have been monitoring the hole at the Copernicus Atmospheric Monitoring Service (CAMS), a European Union (EU) earth observation program.
- Name the ministry which has launched the Government Authorisation for Relief Using Drones (GARUD) portal.
1) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
2) Ministry of Culture
3) Ministry of Labour and Employment
4) Ministry of Science and Technology
5) Ministry of Civil AviationAnswer-5) Ministry of Civil Aviation
The Ministry of Civil Aviation(MoCA) and Directorate General of Civil Aviation(DGCA) launched Government Authorisation for Relief Using Drones(GARUD) portal(https://garud.civilaviation.gov.in) to provide fast track conditional exemptions to government agencies for COVID-19 related RPAS(Remotely Piloted Aircraft System)/drone operations.
- Name the Indian state which has launched mobile application ‘CMAPP (Comprehensive Monitoring of Agriculture, Price, and Procurement)’ to monitor farmer needs.
5) Andhra PradeshAnswer-5) Andhra Pradesh
Andhra Pradesh (AP) Chief Minister (CM) Yeduguri Sandinti Jaganmohan Reddy has launched a mobile application ‘CMAPP (Comprehensive Monitoring of Agriculture, Price, and Procurement)’ with the aim to monitor the agriculture needs of the farmers in the state.
- Which Indian state has launched ‘Ayush Kavach-Covid’ App?
1) Uttar Pradesh
5) GoaAnswer-1) Uttar Pradesh
Uttar Pradesh (UP) Chief Minister (CM) Yogi Adityanath launched the “Ayush Kavach-Covid app” that will provide health-related tips and information about ayurvedic medicines to people during the coronavirus crisis.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Lt Gen Raj Shukla has been assumed the command of the Army Training Command (ARTRAC) recently.Where is the HQ of ARTRAC located?
5) BalakotAnswer-3) Shimla
The Army Training Command, abbreviated as ARTRAC, is one of the seven commands of the Indian Army. It is based at Shimla.Lt Gen Raj Shukla today assumed the command of the Army Training Command (ARTRAC).
- Who is the present governor of Himachal Pradesh?
1) Kalraj Mishra
2) Kishan Reddy
3) K Laxman
4) Bandaru Dattatreya
5) E S L NarasimhanAnswer-4) Bandaru Dattatreya
Bandaru Dattatreya is an Indian politician and the Governor of the State of Himachal Pradesh.
- Who is the present MoS (I/C) of Civil Aviation ministry?
1) Hardeep Singh Puri
2) Raj Nath Singh
3) Narendra Singh Tomar
4) Anurag Thakur
5) Ravi Shankar PrasadAnswer-1) Hardeep Singh Puri
Hardeep Singh Puri, Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Civil Aviation.
- Where is the HQ of World Meteorological Organisation (WMO) located?
5) New YorkAnswer-4) Geneva
The World Meteorological Organization (WMO) is an intergovernmental organization with its headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland, and is a member of the United Nations Development Group.
- What is the capital and currency of Egypt?
1) Cairo & Pound
2) Jerusalem & Rial
3) Cairo & Rial
4) Beirut & Pound
5) Jerusalem & DollarAnswer-1) Cairo & Pound
The Capital and Currency of Egypt is Cairo and Egyptian Pound respectively.