AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs Quiz 19 & 20 February 2023 to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2023 updates.
Our Current Affairs December 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
- Name the 4th edition of the India-Japan joint annual military training exercise that has recently (in Feb ‘23) commenced at Camp Imazu in Japan.
1) Dharma Guardian
2) Veer Guardian
4) Garuda Shakti
5) Yudh AbhyasAnswer-1) Dharma Guardian
On 17, February 2023, the 4th edition of the India-Japan joint annual military training exercise ‘Dharma Guardian’ commenced at Camp Imazu in the Shiga province of Japan. The exercise was scheduled to be conducted till 2 March, 2023. The Indian contingent arrived at the exercise location on February 12.
i.Objective: To strengthen bilateral relations between India and Japan and enhance the level of defence cooperation between the two forces.
ii. Participants: Infantry Regiment from the Middle Army of the Japan Ground Self Defence Force (JGSDF) and Troops of the Garhwal Rifles Regiment of the Indian Army have participated in the exercise
- In the OECD Services Trade Restrictiveness Index (STRI): Policy Trends up to 2023 report, released in February 2023, India secured the __________ rank among 50 countries, while _________ tops the Index.
1) 45th; Netherlands
2) 47th; Japan
3) 45th; Indonesia
4) 47th; Netherlands
5) 49th; JapanAnswer-2) 47th; Japan
India ranked 47th in OECD’s (Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development) report titled ‘OECD Services Trade Restrictiveness Index (STRI): Policy trends up to 2023’, which highlights the key outcomes of the 2022 OECD STRI.
i. India’s rank of 47 among 50 countries shows the presence of more market restrictions in the country.
• OECD STRI index covers 38 OECD members, as well as Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Peru, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Thailand, and Vietnam.
Rank Country 47 India 1 Japan 2 United Kingdom (UK) 3 Netherlands
• Russia, Thailand and Indonesia are the three countries ranked below India.
- Which organisation has recently (in Feb ‘23) released a report “Collapse and Recovery: How the COVID-19 Pandemic Eroded Human Capital and What to Do About It”?
1) International Organization for Standardization
2) Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
3) World Health Organization
4) International Monetary Fund
5) World BankAnswer-5) World Bank
According to the World Bank report “Collapse and Recovery: How the COVID-19 Pandemic Eroded Human Capital and What to Do About It”.
i.It concluded that COVID-19-related education shocks could cause students in South Asia to lose up to 14.4% of their future earnings. Between April 1, 2020, and March 31, 2022, schools in South Asia were entirely or partially closed for 83% of the time—significantly longer than the global average of 52%. Earnings for young people fell by 15% in 2020 and 12% in 2021.
ii.During the two years since the pandemic began (April 2020–April 2022), the World Bank has provided roughly USD 11 billion in pandemic response financing in South Asia.
- Which regulatory body has recently (in Feb ‘23) issued the final guidelines on “Interest Rate Risk in Banking Book” (IRRBB)?
1) National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development
2) Competition Commission of India
3) Insurance Regulatory & Development Authority of India
4) Securities and Exchange Board of India
5) Reserve Bank of IndiaAnswer-5) Reserve Bank of India
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) issued final guidelines on “Interest Rate Risk in Banking Book” (IRRBB), which mandate banks to measure, monitor, and disclose their exposure to IRRBB, which may have an impact on lenders’ capital base and future earnings.
i.The final IRRBB guidelines are consistent with the revised framework issued by the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision (BCBS).
ii.The Board/ALCO(Asset-Liability Committee) is in charge of establishing adequate limits on IRRBB, valuing positions, and evaluating performance.
- In February 2023, who was appointed as a member of the Advisory Committee of Reliance Capital Limited (RCL) by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI)?
1) Shekhar Chaudhary
2) Sundararaman Ramamurthy
3) Vikramaditya Singh Khichi
4) Ashish kumar Chauhan
5) Padmaja ChunduruAnswer-3) Vikramaditya Singh Khichi
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) appointed Vikramaditya Singh Khichi, former ED ( Executive Directors) of Bank of Baroda(BoB) as a member of the Advisory Committee on Reliance Capital Limited (RCL).
i. The Advisory Committee will advise the Administrator in the operations of RCL during the corporate insolvency resolution process. Members: In December 2021, the Advisory Committee was formed with the following members,
• Sanjeev Nautiyal, ex-DMD(Deputy Managing Director), State Bank of India
• Srinivasan Varadarajan, ex-DMD, Axis Bank
• Praveen P Kadle, ex-MD & CEO, Tata Capital Limited
ii. Now due to the resignation of Srinivasan Varadarajan from the Advisory Committee with effect from February 17, 2023, RBI has decided to appoint Vikramaditya Singh Khichi as a member of the Advisory Committee with immediate effect.
- In February 2023, Kishan Reddy, Union Minister of Culture presented the Ustad Bismillah Khan Yuva Puraskar (UBKYP) for 2019, 2020 and 2021 to around _____________ Artists
5) 100Answer-3) 102
On 15th February 2023, G. Kishan Reddy, Union Minister, Ministry of Culture presented the Ustad Bismillah Khan Yuva Puraskar (UBKYP) for 2019, 2020 and 2021 to around 102 Artists (including three joint awards) at Meghdoot Theatre Complex, Rabindra Bhavan in New Delhi, Delhi.
i.The event was presided over by Dr Sandhya Purecha, Chairperson of Sangeet Natak Akademi, the national academy of Music, Dance and Drama, and the apex body of the performing arts in the country.
ii.Note: The 102 winners of UBKYP includes 19 artists from the North East region of India, which highlights the changed circumstances of the region.
iii.Ustad Bismillah Khan Yuva Puraskar is presented to artists up to the age of 40 years to encourage young talents in diverse fields of the performing arts.
- Who has recently (in Feb ‘23) been appointed as the new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of YouTube by replacing Susan Wojcicki?
1) Shantanu Narayen
2) Amit Singhal
3) Ram Shriram
4) Neal Mohan
5) Naveen JainAnswer-4) Neal Mohan
Neal Mohan, a longtime Google and YouTube executive who is an Indian-American, has been appointed the new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of YouTube.
i.Mohan will succeed Susan Wojcicki, YouTube’s outgoing CEO, who is departing after nine years in the position. She had been with Alphabet Inc., YouTube’s parent company, for nearly 25 years.
ii.He has been the Chief Product Officer at YouTube since 2015.
iii.With over 20,000 searches for his name, Neal Mohan scored third in Google’s trending searches following the announcement of his appointment as YouTube CEO.
- In February 2023, who was appointed as the new Vice Chief of Army Staff?
1) Lt Gen Yogendra Dimri
2) Lt gen MV Suchindra Kumar
3) Lt Gen B S Raju
4) Lt Gen NSR Subramani
5) Lt Gen Amardeep SinghAnswer-2) Lt gen MV Suchindra Kumar
The Government of India (GoI) has approved 3 major appointments in the Indian Army, Lieutenant general MV Suchindra Kumar, who is currently serving as the Deputy Chief of Army Staff (Strategy) in the Army Headquarters, was appointed as the new Vice Chief of Army Staff.
• He succeeds Lt Gen B S Raju as the Vice Chief of Army Staff.
i. Lt Gen NSR Subramani, serving as the Chief of Staff at the headquarters of the Northern Command in Udhampur, has been appointed as the next Central Army Commander in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh(UP).
• He will take over as the Central Army Commander from Lt Gen Yogendra Dimri.
ii. Lt Gen B S Raju, the current Vice Chief of Army Staff, has been appointed as the Jaipur- headquartered South Western Army Commander.
• He will succeed Lt Gen Amardeep Singh.
- In February 2023, the Ministry of External Affairs(MEA) launched ‘mPassport Police App’ to _______________.
1) Provide Police clearance certificate
2) Provide aircraft Boarding through e-Gate operated on Facial Recognition System
3) Track lost luggage of the passengers
4) Fast Track Passport Verification Process
5) Track check-in luggageAnswer-4) Fast Track Passport Verification Process
The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), Government of India launched ‘mPassport Police App’ to streamline and expedite the passport issuance system (i.e to Fast Track Passport Verification Process). This app will also help with the timely updation and issuance of passports.
i. Police verification is one of the integral parts of the passport issuance system. Passport verification using tablets will reduce the verification time from 15 days to 5 days, effectively reducing the passport issuance timeline by 10 days.
ii. Various efforts have been undertaken to streamline and expedite the process of the passport issuance system.
- When was the 12th World Pangolin Day (2023) observed across the globe?
1) 19th February 2023
2) 16th February 2023
3) 18th February 2023
4) 15th February 2023
5) 17th February 2023Answer-3) 18th February 2023
World Pangolin Day is annually observed across the world on the 3rd Saturday of February with an aim to create awareness about Pangolins, a unique endangered mammal and their plight.
• 18th February 2023 marks the observance of the 12th World Pangolin Day.
i. Pangolins are the only mammals wholly covered in scales and they use those scales to protect themselves from predators in the wild that feed on ants and termites.
ii. They are on the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) Red List of Threatened Species running from Vulnerable to Critically Endangered.
iii. In India, pangolins, both Indian and Chinese, are protected under Schedule 1 of the Wildlife (Protection) Act 1972.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification