AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 15 & 16 January 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download
- Who will likely be the Chief Guest of India’s Republic Day parade on January 26, 2021?
1) Boris Johnson
2) Chandrikapersad Santokhi
3) Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
4) Gotabaya Rajapaksa
5) Tshewang TandinAnswer-2) Chandrikapersad Santokhi
Chandrikapersad Santokhi, the Indian-origin President of the South American nation of Suriname, likely be the chief guest at India’s Republic Day parade on January 26. British PM Boris Johnson backed out from attending India’s Republic Day due to the mounting Covid-19 cases in Britain. Recently, Suriname removed Visa permits for Indian visitors, as a move to enhance cooperation amongst the countries.
- Which was India’s Newest Airlines that made its inaugural journey from Indore to Ahmedabad in January, 2021?
5) Alliance AirAnswer-2) Flybig
The inaugural flight of Flybig, India’s newest airline, took off from Indore to Ahmedabad in the course of an hour and five minutes. Flybig will operate thrice a week, to start with. It will transition to five flights per week starting mid-February. The airline has tied-up with more than 15,000 agents, and is attempting at striking collaborations with online travel agencies as well.
- NHPC Limited has signed Definitive Agreement for implementation of the Approved Resolution Plan for takeover of 120 MW Rangit-IV Hydro Electric Project of Jalpower Corporation Limited (JPCL) on Rangit River . Where is Rangit River located?
1) Madhya Pradesh
5) SikkimAnswer-5) Sikkim
On January 13, 2021, NHPC Limited (National Hydroelectric Power Corporation Ltd) has signed Definitive Agreement for implementation of the Approved Resolution Plan for takeover of 120 MW Rangit-IV HE Project of Jalpower Corporation Limited (JPCL) in Sikkim. The outlay of the project is estimated as Rs.943.20 Crore. The financial creditors for this agreement are Power Finance Corporation Ltd (PFC) and Punjab National Bank (PNB).
- Which organisation introduced a new flagship initiative “Liberalised MSME AEO Package” Scheme benefiting MSME Sector?
1) Central Board of Indirect Tax & Customs
2) Ministry of Ports
3) Ministry of Finance
4) Central Board of Direct Tax
5) Reserve Bank of IndiaAnswer-1) Central Board of Indirect Tax & Customs
In a move to ease out the difficulties caused by Covid-19 pandemic to the Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs), Central Board of Indirect Tax & Customs (CBIC) introduced its new flagship initiative “Liberalised MSME AEO Package” Scheme. The scheme is a voluntary compliance programme enabling MSMEs to become Authorised Economic Operations (AEOs), providing various benefits including faster customs clearance.
- What was Indian passport’s rank in “Henley Passport Index: Q1 2021 Global Ranking”?
5) 191Answer-2) 85
On January 5, 2021, a “Henley Passport Index:Q1 2021 Global Ranking” released where India was ranked 85th with visa-free score 58. The visa-free score states that Indian passport holders get to visit 58 countries without a prior visa. India shared its rank with Tajikistan. In 2020, India held 84th position. The index was topped by Japan with visa-free score of 191. It has been holding the position for three consecutive years.
- Who will chair the 6-member Working Group (WG) framed by RBI that study all aspects of digital lending activities in the regulated & unregulated financial sector, as of January 2021?
1) M. Rajeshwar Rao
2) Jayant Kumar Dash
3) Raguram Rajan
4) M K Jain
5) B P KanungoAnswer-2) Jayant Kumar Dash
On January 13, 2021, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), has formulated a 6-member Working Group (WG) to study all aspects of digital lending activities in the regulated financial sector as well as by unregulated players so that an appropriate regulatory approach can be put in place. The group will be chaired by Jayant Kumar Dash, Executive Director, RBI and will submit its report within three months.
- What was the projected fiscal deficit for FY-21 as per credit rating agency CARE Ratings, as of January, 2021?
5) 7.8%Answer-5) 7.8%
On January 13, 2021, CARE Ratings has downgraded its projection of the Centre’s fiscal deficit to 7.8% of GDP (Gross Domestic Product) during FY21 against its earlier estimate of 9-9.5%. As per this the Fiscal deficit is likely to be around Rs 15.3 lakh crs. This revision followed the release of the first advance estimate of GDP for FY21 by the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MOSPI). It should be noted that, if borrowings of Rs 1.1 lakh crs for GST shortfall is added separately, the fiscal deficit could widen to 8.4% of GDP.
- DRDO’s Armament Research & Development Establishment (ARDE), in collaboration with the Indian Army has developed India’s 1st indigenous machine pistol ASMI. Which branch of the Indian armed force received the pistol, in January 2021?
1) Indian Coast Guard
2) Indian Navy
3) Indian Army
4) Central Reserved Police Force
5) Indo-Tibetan Border PoliceAnswer-2) Indian Navy
The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) Armament Research & Development Establishment (ARDE), Pune (Maharashtra) in collaboration with the Indian Army has developed India’s first indigenous machine pistol ASMI. It will replace the 9mm pistols used by defence forces. Notably it has been developed by a young officer ‘Lt Col Prasad Bansod’ from Infantry School, Mhow in a record time of four months. The pistol was handed over to the Indian Navy as a part of ‘Atmanirbhar’ programme.
- Recently, Padma Shri Awardee, D Prakash Rao passed away. He was one among India’s renowned __________.
2) Social Worker
4) Classical Dancer
5) EnvironmentalistAnswer-2) Social Worker
On January 13, 2021, 63-year old D Prakash Rao, a Padma Shri Awardee & Renowned Social Worker passed away in Cuttack, Odisha due to a Brain Stroke. Prakash Rao hails from Cuttack, Odisha. A Tea Seller, he was conferred with Padma Shri in 2019 to recognize his contribution towards boosting the value of education among slum & orphan kids in Cuttack. He had started the school ‘Asha O Ashwasana’ in Buxi Bazaar area in 2000 to provide free education to kids from slums.
- Prime Minister Juri Ratas, resigned from office amid corruption allegations. He served as the PM of _____.
3) Democratic Republic of Congo
5) South AfricaAnswer-4) Estonia
On 13th January 2021, Jüri Ratas, Prime Minister (PM) of Estonia and the leader of the Centre Party resigned following the Party’s corruption allegations involving the pandemic relief fund. Kersti Kaljulaid, President of Estonia has nominated Kaja Kallas, the leader of the opposition centre right Reform party as a candidate for the next Prime Minister of Estonia. Kaja Kallas will become the first Female Prime Minister, if she forms the next government.