AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 17 & 18 January 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download
- In January 2021, Union Minister Rajnath Singh, unveiled India’s 1st indigenous ‘Driverless Metro Car’ at the BEML manufacturing facility in Bengaluru. Which metropolitan region will be the 1st to avail its service?
5) New Delhi
On January 15, 2021, Rajnath Singh, Minister of Defence (MoD) unveiled India’s 1st indigenously designed and developed ‘Driverless Metro Car’ during a function held at the BEML manufacturing facility in Bengaluru, Karnataka. The ‘Driverless Metro Car’ are being manufactured by BEML for Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) MRS1 project. The project needs 576 cars which will be supplied by January 2024. He also unveiled the 1st indigenously manufactured Tatra Cabin by BEML.
- What does ‘Sc’ stands for, in CSIR-NIScPR an institute formed by merging 2 existing institutes, CSIR-NISCAIR and CSIR-NISTADS?
2) Science Computing
3) Science Communication
4) Societal Component
5) Societal Commerce
Answer-3) Science Communication
On January 14, 2021, Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister of Science & Technology, Earth Sciences and Health & Family Welfare inaugurated a new institute of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) i.e. CSIR-National Institute of Science Communication and Policy Research (CSIR-NIScPR), in New Delhi. This institute has been established by merging two prestigious institutes of CSIR viz. CSIR-National Institute of Science Communication and Information Resources (CSIR-NISCAIR) and CSIR-National Institute of Science, Technology and Development Studies (CSIR-NISTADS).
- Which state recently got its 1st Doppler Weather Radars, that was inaugurated by Union Minister Harsh Vardhan on the 146th Foundation Day of India Meteorological Department (IMD), in January, 2021?
3) Himachal Pradesh
5) Arunachal Pradesh
The 146th Foundation Day of India Meteorological Department (IMD) was held on January 15, 2021 in New Delhi. Dr. Harsh Vardhan inaugurated Doppler Weather Radars at Mukteshwar (Uttarakhand) and Kufri (Himachal Pradesh). Doppler Weather Radars in Uttarakhand is 1st of its kind. The radar has been installed under the Integrated Himalayan Meteorological Project (IHMP) of the Ministry of Earth Sciences. He also released a special issue of Mausam on Tropical Cyclone.
- Which organisation(s) released a comprehensive e-book on CollabCAD 3D modelling 1.0, in January 2021?
1) Atal Innovation Mission
2) Central Board of Secondary Education
3) National Informatics Centre
4) Only 2 & 3
5) Only 1, 2 & 3
Answer-5) Only 1, 2 & 3
On January 13, 2021, a comprehensive e-book on CollabCAD 3D modelling 1.0 was launched by National Informatics Centre (NIC), Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Ministry of Education (MoE) along with Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog during a virtual event from New Delhi. The institutes also provided CollabCAD Software CBSE affiliated Schools.
- Recently the 3rd phase of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY 3.0) 2020-21 was launched in 600 districts across India. What does PMKVY provides?
1) Agricultural loans
2) Promotion of Indigenous Art forms
3) Export benefits to MSMEs
4) Crop Insurance
5) Skill development courses
Answer-5) Skill development courses
On January 15, 2021, Union Minister for Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, Dr Mahendra Nath Pandey launched the Third Phase of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY 3.0) 2020-21 in 600 districts across India and made available around 300 Plus Skill Courses to the youth. It will focus on demand-driven skill development, digital technology & Industry 4.0 skills. It will be demand-based & Decentralized in its approach as District Skill Committees (DSC) will be the focal point of implementation of PMKVY 3.0.
- Which country signed an MoU with Indian Government to boost cooperation in Information & Communication Technology (ICT), in January 2021?
On January 15, 2021, India & Japan signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to boost cooperation in the field of Information & Communication Technology (ICT) which includes 5G technologies, Smart Cities, Telecom Security among others. During the event, Ravi Shankar Prasad highlighted Japan’s contribution towards the timely execution of connecting Andaman & Nicobar Islands with submarine optical fiber cable.
- What was India’s actual collected e-Waste compared to its total e-waste generated during 2018-19, as per the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) report?
According to a report by the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB), India generated 771, 215 tonnes of Electronic waste (e-waste) in 2018-19, of which only 10% were collected.
Collection Target Actual Collection achieved 35, 422 Tonnes for 2017-18 25, 325 Tonnes 1, 54, 242 Tonnes for 2018-19 78, 281 Tonnes
The Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) notified the E-Waste Management Rules, 2016. It holds the producers responsible for collection of end-of-life electronic products as part of the Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR).
- Which organisation(s) prepared the Adaptation Gap Report 2020?
3) World Adaptation Science Programme
4) Only 1 & 3
5) Only 1, 2 & 3
Answer-4) Only 1 & 3
On January 14, 2021, the 5th edition of United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) Adaptation Gap Report 2020 was launched during a high-level online press event. The report was produced by UNEP in collaboration with UNEP DTU Partnership (UDP) and the World Adaptation Science Programme (WASP). Notably, the annual cost of adaptation to the effects of climate change for developing countries is estimated to at least quadruple by 2050.
- Which country has the World’s Largest Transnational Community as per UN DESA’s ‘International Migration 2020’ report?
5) Syrian Arab Republic
According to the ‘International Migration 2020’ report released by the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN DESA), In 2020, 18 Million persons from India were living outside of their country of birth thus making it the World’s Largest Transnational Community. India is followed by Mexico & Russia (11 Million each), China (10 Million) & the Syrian Arab Republic (8 Million). Low and Middle-income countries have hosted about 80% of the world’s refugees and asylum seekers.
- Which portal was launched by Union Minister Harsh Vardhan to provide information on various domains including Engineering, Agriculture, Veterinary, in January 2021?
1) Akshay Urja Portal
2) GATI Portal
3) Bhuvan Panchayat Version V 3.0
4) National Innovation Portal
5) National Career Service Portal
Answer-4) National Innovation Portal
On 15th January 2021, Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister of Science and Technology, Earth Sciences and Health and Family Welfare dedicated the National Innovation Portal(NIP) to the Nation at an event in New Delhi. The portal was developed by the National Innovation Foundation(NIF) – India, an autonomous body of the Department of Science and Technology(DST), Government of India. The innovations under the portal cover Engineering, Agriculture, Veterinary and Human Health.