AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 12 November 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Government of India issued an order to bring digital or online Media, films and audio-visual programmes, news and current affairs content under which Ministry?
1) Ministry of Communications
2) Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
3) Ministry of Science and Technology
4) Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
5) Ministry of Home AffairsAnswer-4) Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
Government of India issued an order to bring digital or online Media, films and audio-visual programmes, news and current affairs content under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (Ministry of I&B). This will include OTT (over-the-top) platforms such as Netflix, Hotstar, Prime Video & Online News Portal.
In Exercise of the powers conferred by Constitution, President made the rules to amend the Government of India (Allocation of Business) Rules, 1961. The rules may be called Government of India (Allocation of Business) Three Hundred and Fifty Seventh Amendment Rules, 2020.
- Which State Government introduced fish and fish-based products in Supplementary Nutrition Programme (SNP) to overcome the malnutrition among people from lower income group?
1) Tamil Nadu
5) Andhra PradeshAnswer-4) Odisha
Odisha Government introduced fish and fish-based products in Supplementary Nutrition Programme (SNP) on pilot basis to reduce malnutrition among vulnerable people in hard to reach areas of the State.
- Name the first country to launch world’s first 6G satellite named “UESTC” satellite (Star Era-12)” with an aim to test communications from space?
1) United States (US)
China has successfully launched the world’s first 6G satellite namely “UESTC” satellite (Star Era-12)” into orbit with an aim to test communications from space using high-frequency terahertz (THz) spectrum. It was one of the 13 satellites aboard the Long March-6 rocket, which launched on November 6, 2020 at the Taiyuan Satellite Launch Centre in Shanxi province of China.
The UESTC is named after the University of Electronic Science and Technology of China and will test the performance of the 6G frequency band in space which is expected to be over 100 times faster than 5G which is already expected to be ultra-fast. This 70kg test satellite will also verify a number of smart city, environmental protection and disaster prevention applications, such as crop and forest fire monitoring.
- Where is Second World Health Expo being held?
1) Wuhan, China
2) Geneva, Switzerland
3) New York, USA
4) New Delhi, India
5) Paris, FranceAnswer-1) Wuhan, China
The Second World Health Expo is being held in Hubei’s Capital City, Wuhan in China from November 11-14, 2020. The World Health Expo will showcase the Latest Technology in Fitness Sports and the most realistically restored anti-epidemic Scenes. It will feature 12 different venues for audiences to experience the most frontier health technology. 1st World Health Expo was also held in Wuhan,China from April 7 to 10, 2019.
- Which Bank launched ‘SmartHub Merchant Solutions 3.0’, India’s first comprehensive banking and payment solution for merchants with Visa?
1) ICICI Bank
2) HDFC Bank
3) IDFC Bank
4) Yes Bank
5) Axis BankAnswer-2) HDFC Bank
HDFC Bank in Partnership with Visa launched ‘SmartHub Merchant Solutions 3.0’, India’s first comprehensive banking and payment solution for merchants. This first-of-its-kind solution offers the ideal platform for merchants and self-employed professionals to open a current account instantly and to accept payments in-store and online.
- Who launched ‘Payout Links’, a new initiative, for businesses?
1) Amazon Pay
2) Google Pay
5) CREDAnswer- 4) Paytm
Paytm launched ‘Payout Links’, a new initiative under Paytm Payout, for businesses. This enables businesses to instantly make payments to the customers, employees & vendors, without the need to collect their bank details.
- Which Life Insurance Company partnered with PayBima(PayBima.com) to distribute its industry-leading life insurance solutions?
1) Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance
2) Avia Life Insurance
3) Bharti AXA Life Insurance
4) Tata AIA Life Insurance
5) Birla Sun Life InsuranceAnswer – 4) Tata AIA Life Insurance
Tata AIA Life Insurance Company Limited entered into partnership with PayBima(PayBima.com), the digital arm of Mahindra Insurance Brokers Ltd.,(MIBL) as a Broker to distribute its industry-leading life insurance solutions. The association is in accordance with the mission of Tata AIA Life to provide Ease of Doing Business (EoDB) to its customers.
- Which capital of Country’s Sovereign Wealth Fund (SWF) – MIC Redwood 1 RSC Limited has become the first foreign SWF that has been notified and granted 100% income-tax exemption in India?
1) Saudi Arabia
2) United Arab Emirates
5) SingaporeAnswer-2) United Arab Emirates
The Abu Dhabi’s (Capital of United Arab Emirates) Sovereign Wealth Fund (SWF) – MIC Redwood 1 RSC Limited has become the first foreign SWF that has been notified and granted 100% income-tax exemption on income from interest, dividend and long-term capital gains for its investment in India’s priority sector as per the Finance Act, 2020. The announcement was made by the Ministry of Finance.
This decision is on the lines of July 6, 2020 government notification regarding to broaden the scope of this exemption and to expedite foreign investment in the country’s priority areas during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- On October 27, 2020 RBI (Reserve Bank of India) has asked all the lending institutions, including (NBFCs), to implement _______________ for loans up to Rs 2 crore for the 6 months moratorium period beginning March 1, 2020.
1) Waiver of interest on interest scheme
2) Scholarship Scheme for Faculty Members from Academic Institutions
3) RBI Visiting Fellow Scheme
4) Programme Funding Scheme
5) Loan Restructuring SchemeAnswer-1) Waiver of interest on interest scheme
On October 27, 2020 RBI (Reserve Bank of India) has asked all the lending institutions, including non-banking financial companies, to implement the waiver of interest on interest for loans up to Rs 2 crore for the 6 months moratorium period beginning March 1, 2020. The government has asked the lending institutions to complete crediting the amount in the accounts of borrowers by 5th November.
- Harley-Davidson Motor Company exits India and signed a distribution agreement with _____________ as a part of “The Rewire”, a plan to change its business model in India.
1) Bajaj Auto
2) Royal Enfield
3) UM Motors
4) Hero MotoCorp
5) TVS Motor CompanyAnswer-4) Hero MotoCorp
Hero MotoCorp signed a distribution agreement with Harley-Davidson Motor Company for Indian market, as a part of “The Rewire” a plan to change its business model in India. Under this Hero will sell and service Harley-Davidson motorcycles, parts and accessories for general merchandise through a network of exclusive Harley-Davidson dealerships and MotoCorp will develop and sell a range of premium motorcycles under the Harley-Davidson brand.
In September 2020, Harley-Davidson Motor Co decided to exit India and announced the shutting down of its Manufacturing plant in Bawal, Haryana.
- The 13th Urban Mobility India (UMI) Conference 2020 was held virtually first time on the theme “Emerging Trends in Urban Mobility”. What is the aim of UMI?
1) To keep cities up-to-date with best urban transport practices.
2) To take care of public transport in urban transportation.
3) To shift people from rural places to urban places.
4) To analyze the data and give ranking to the cities as per their performances.
5) To distributes the funds to the cities for better urban mobility.Answer-1) To keep cities up-to-date with best urban transport practices.
The 13th Urban Mobility India (UMI) Conference 2020 was held virtually on the theme “Emerging Trends in Urban Mobility” from New Delhi which was inaugurated by Minister of State-MoS (Independent Charge-IC) Hardeep Singh Puri, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA).
This was the first virtual UMI conference amid COVID 19 and was also held for a day as against the usual format of three days without any exhibition. During the Conference the Award of Excellence was conferred upon Capital Region Urban Transport (CRUT), Bhubaneswar (Odisha) and Agartala Smart City Limited (ASCL), Tripura.
The 14th Urban Mobility India (UMI) Conference and Expo 2021 will be held on October 29-31, 2021 in Kochi, Kerala.
AIM of UMI: To disseminate information to the cities in order to keep them up-to-date with best urban transport practices.
- Which edition of the Summit of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Council of Heads of State (CHS) 2020 was held virtually (November, 2020) and chaired by President of Russia Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin?
5) 15thAnswer- 2) 20th
The virtual 20th Summit of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Council of Heads of State (CHS) 2020 was chaired by President of Russia Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin where Indian Delegation was led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. This was the first SCO Summit held in Virtual Format and third meeting that India participated after becoming a full member in 2017. It should be noted that President Emomali Rahmon of Tajikistan will assume the chairmanship of SCO in 2021. The summit adopted 16 documents including key ones on countering spread of extremist ideologies and promoting digital economy.
- Who will lead the 7-member expert group set up by Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) to review the share-based employee benefits?
1) Harsh Kumar Bhanwala
2) Sandip Bhagat
3) Tapan Ray
4) Ramesh Chandra
5) Ajay TirkeyAnswer-2) Sandip Bhagat
Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), set up a 7-member expert group chaired by Sandip Bhagat, partner at S&R Associates to review the frameworks of the share based employee benefits & issue of sweat equity and recommend policy changes. The expert group will revisit the framework of the sweat equity regulations against the companies act and suggest required policy changes.
- Government of India has set up a 21-member Inter-Ministerial Committee headed by Arun Goel. What is the aim of the committee?
1) To review the share-based employee benefits
2) To reform criminal law
3) To strengthen the capital goods sector
4) To review “Guidelines on Television Rating Agencies in India
5) To Revisit the Retail Business of Engineering TariffAnswer-3) To strengthen the capital goods sector
Government of India has set up a 21 member Inter-Ministerial Committee to strengthen the Capital Goods (CG) sector. The committee is headed by Arun Goel, Secretary of Department of Heavy Industries, Ministry of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises.
Aim of the Committee– To strengthen India’s capital goods sector which turns to achieve the target of a USD 5 trillion economy and a USD 1 trillion manufacturing sector.
- What is India’s rank in BMI (Body Mass Index) Ranking 2019 published in the international medical journal “The Lancet”? (Netherlands Topped)
5) 176thAnswer- 4) 196th
A review of BMI (Body Mass Index) of various countries’ teenagers has been recently published in the international medical journal “The Lancet”, according to which India is placed at 196th rank with respect to BMI. India’s 19-year-old boys and girls have a BMI of 20.1 means they are also among the shortest in the world. India’s boys ranked 180th with an average height of 5.46 feet while girls ranked 182nd with an average height of 5.06 feet. The Netherlands is the nation with the tallest boys and girls of age 19 years. It is followed by Montenegro, Estonia, and Bosnia and Herzegovina for boys; and Montenegro, Denmark, and Iceland for girls.
- Who topped the 7th edition of the EdelGive Hurun India Philanthropy List 2020 released by The Hurun India and EdelGive Foundation?
1) Mukesh Ambani
2) Shiva Nadar
3) Azim Premji
4) Ratan Tata
5) Gautam AdaniAnswer- 3) Azim Premji
The Hurun India and EdelGive Foundation released the 7th edition of the EdelGive Hurun India Philanthropy List 2020. Azim Premji & Family, the founder and Chairman of Wipro topped the 2020 list. Azim Premji became India’s Most Generous man with a donation of Rs.7904 crores.
The list featured the individuals who have donated Rs.5 crores and more during the review period (from 1st April 2019 to 31st March 2020).
Azim Premji is followed by Shiv Nadar, Founder-Chairman of HCL Technologies and Mukesh Ambani, Chairman of Reliance Industries at 2nd & 3d position respectively.
- Find the name of aircraft offered by United States to Indian Navy.
1) F-18 Naval Fighter Jets
2) Sea Guardian
3) F-16 Fighting Falcon
4) Both 1 & 2
5) All 1, 2 & 3Answer-4) Both 1 & 2
The United States of America (USA) has offered its F-18 Naval Fighter Jets for the Indian Navy’s Requirements of Combat jets for its aircraft carriers. The US Government has offered to provide the naval fighter aircraft under a Government proposal at the meeting between Defence delegations of both countries during 2+2 meetings. The US Government has offered to sell F-18 fighters along with unmanned aircraft Sea Guardian to Indian Navy along with other systems to Indian Armed Forces in recent times.
- Where is the Thirty Meter Telescope (TMT) project being installed, for which Indian Astronomers collaborated with 2020 Physics Nobel Laureate Professor Andrea Ghez?
1) Maunakea, Hawaii
2) Hanle, Ladakh
3) California, USA
4) Ngari prefecture, China
5) Bangalore, IndiaAnswer-1) Maunakea, Hawaii
Indian Astronomers had worked closely with 2020 Physics Nobel Laureate Professor Andrea Ghez for designing of back-end instruments and possible science prospects of the ‘Thirty Meter Telescope (TMT) project’ which is being installed at Maunakea in Hawaii. The project will revolutionize the understanding of the universe and mysteries surrounding it.
The TMT Project is worth $ 2 Billion Project and is a joint venture involving Five Countries (China, Canada, Japan, India and United States). India has committed $200 Million, which is about tenth of proposed cost. The telescope needs 492 precisely polished mirrors and India has contributed 83 of them.
- Who won the Dream11 Indian Premier League 2020 (13th Edition of IPL) held at UAE?
1) Delhi Capitals
2) Chennai Superkings
3) Kings XI Punjab
4) Sunrisers Hyderabad
5) Mumbai IndiansAnswer- 5) Mumbai Indians
The 13th Edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) officially known as Dream11 Indian Premier League 2020 took place from 19th September-November 10, 2020 at the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Consequently, The Third Season of the Women’s T20 Challenge 2020 officially known as Jio Women’s T20 Challenge took place simultaneously in UAE from November 4-9,2020. The tournament was administered by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI). The venue of the IPL was shifted from India to UAE due to Pandemic.
Due to the Pandemic, the entire tournament was played in a Bio-secure environment.
Winners of Dream11 Indian Premier League 2020 (Men’s Title) – Mumbai Indians (5th Title)
Winners of Jio Women’s T20 Challenge (Women’s Title) – IPL Trailblazers (1st Title)
- ‘Boskiyana’ is a book dedicated to which Indian Artist?
2) Jagjit Singh
3) Sameer Anjaan
4) Javed Akhtar
5) Anupam KherAnswer-1) Gulzar
‘Boskiyana’, a new Hindi book on Gulzar, veteran Indian poet-lyricist has been published by Radhakrishna Prakashan. The book portrays the life of Gulzar through his films, poetry, philosophies, lifestyle, likes and dislikes. The 228-page book is edited by Yashwant Vyas.
‘Boskiyana’ is the name of the house of Gulzar in Mumbai.
- Spaniard Father Carlos Gonzalez Valles SJ passed away recently was a renowned _________.
1) Author & Columnist
5) JournalistAnswer-1) Author & Columnist
Spaniard Father Carlos Gonzalez Valles SJ, a veteran Author and columnist, who was popularly known as Father Valles passed away at the age of 95 in Madrid, Spain. He was born on 4th November 1925 in Logroño, Spain. Father Valles, Jesuit priest and mathematician came to India in 1949 and settled in Gujarati.
He authored 14 books in Gujarati which includes, Sadachar, Vyakti Ghadtar, Lagnasagar, Gandhiji ne Navi Pedhi, Parvotsav, Murli, Atmkathana Tukda and Shabdlok He has authored around 78 books, which includes 24 books in English and 42 in Spanish along with his Gujarati books.
- World’s Longest Serving PM Prince Khalifa bin Salman al Khalifa passed away. He was PM of which Country?
1) United Arab Emirates (UAE)
2) Saudi Arabia
5) LebanonAnswer- 3) Bahrain
Prince Khalifa bin Salman al Khalifa, Prime Minister (PM) of Bahrain passed away at the age of 84 at Mayo Clinic hospital, United States. He is the World’s Longest Serving PM. He has been serving as PM since 1971. He was born on November 24, 1935 in Jasra, Bahrain.
He has played a vital role in the political and economic affairs of Bahrain for over 3 decades.
- When is National Education Day celebrated in India?
1) November 14
2) November 13
3) November 12
4) November 11
5) November 10Answer-4) November 11
The National Education Day is annually celebrated in India on 11th November to mark the birth anniversary of Maulana Sayyid Abul Kalam Ghulam Muhiyuddin Ahmed bin Khairuddin Al-Hussaini Azad (known as Maulana Abul Kalam Azad), the first education minister of Independent India. The day is observed to spread awareness on the importance of education and literacy. On 11th September 2008, the Ministry of Human Resource and Development (now Ministry of Education) declared the 11th November as the National Education Day to commemorate the birth anniversary of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, first Education Minister of India.
- Telangana Government launched two mobile apps ‘Palle Pragathi Panchayat Secretary App’ and ‘Palle Pragathi Inspection Officer App’ to monitor Palle Pragathi under ____________.
1) Water Boards
2) Farming Sector
3) Crop Management
4) Gram Panchayats
5) AnganwadiAnswer-4) Gram Panchayats
The Errabelli Dayakar Rao, Panchayat Raj Minister of Telangana unveiled the two mobile applications, Palle Pragathi Panchayat Secretary App and Palle Pragathi Inspection Officer App. These applications were launched by the State Government to monitor and improve the Palle Pragathi works, works undertaken by the gram panchayats. The apps were designed by the State Panchayat Raj department.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Manama is Capital city of Which Country?
5) ColombiaAnswer-3) Bahrain
The Capital and Currency of ‘Bahrain’ is ‘Manama’ and ‘Bahraini dinar’ respectively.
- Where is Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium located?
1) Madhya Pradesh
2) Uttar Pradesh
5) GujaratAnswer-3) Telangana
The Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium is located at Hyderabad, Telangana.
- Danda Jatra Dance is associated with which state?
2) Uttar Pradesh
5) TelanganaAnswer-1) Odisha
Danda Jatra is one of the most important traditional dance festivals organized in different parts of South Odisha.
- Kawal Tiger Reserve is located in which state?
1) Tamil Nadu
2) Madhya Pradesh
3) Andhra Pradesh
5) KarnatakaAnswer-4) Telangana
Kawal Tiger Reserve is located at Jannaram mandal of Mancherial District in Telangana state of India. Govt of India declared Kawal wildlife sanctuary as Tiger Reserve in 2012. The reserve is the oldest sanctuary in the northern Telangana region of the state. It is well known for its abundant flora and fauna.
- Where is Amrabad Tiger Reserve located?
1) Tamil Nadu
2) Madhya Pradesh
3) Andhra Pradesh
5) KarnatakaAnswer-4) Telangana
Amrabad Tiger Reserve lies in the Nallamala Hills of Telangana. It is India’s second-largest tiger reserve, next only to Nagarjunasagar Srisailam Tiger Reserve (Andhra Pradesh and Telangana). It has a large presence of the Chenchu tribe. It harbors great biodiversity, consisting of around 70 species of mammals, more than 300 hundred avian varieties, 60 species of reptiles and thousands of insects, all supported and nourished by more than 600 different plant species.