In the latest BWF ranking, Malaysia Masters Grand Prix Gold clincher P V Sindhu’s rank has upgraded by one move to World’s No. 11. On the other hand, shuttler Saina Nehwal remained consistent and sat down again at 2nd position with 78482 points.
- The duo of Glasgow Commonwealth Games silver medallist, Jwala Gutta and Ashwini Ponnappa were placed at World No. 14.
- Female world ranking has been topped by Spanish Carolina Marin with 91192 points in her kitty.
About PV Sindhu:
1995 born Pusarla Venkata Sindhu (20) is an Indian badminton player. She trains at Hyderabad’s Gopichand Badminton Academy and is supported by Olympic Gold Quest (not-for-profit foundation that identifies and supports Indian athletes).
- In 2013, Sindhu became the first Indian woman to win a medal in singles at the World Championships (India’s first singles medal since Prakash Padukone won bronze in 1983).
- Last week, she had clinched the $120,000 Malaysia Masters Grand Prix Gold title by defeating Scotland’s Kristy Gilmour.
2015 – Padma Shri
2014 – FICCI Breakthrough Sportsperson of the Year
2014 – NDTV Indian of the Year 2014
BWF Ranking – Men’s Singles
The only Indian player remained in top 10 is Kidambi Srikanth, who was ranked World No. 9 with 57484 points.
- H S Prannoy ranked at 20th position while Ajay Jayaram downgraded to World No. 25 spot.
- Men’s doubles pair of Manu Attri and B Sumeeth Reddy were ranked at 17th position.
- Male world ranking has been topped by Chinese Chen Long with 96,931 points.