As per the list released by wealth-tracking website Wealth-X in collaboration with Business Insider, Co-founder of Microsoft, Bill Gates, sat down again in the top slot of 50 wealthiest people in the world list with a net worth of enormous $87.4 billion.
- Bill Gates was followed by founding chairman of clothing retailer Inditex, Amancio Ortega of Spain with net worth of $66.8 billion while Warrant Buffett listed at 3rd rank with net worth of $60.7 billion.
- There were only 4 female billionaires in the list, among them, Alice Walton, Walmart heiress, was the wealthiest woman with a net worth of $33.2 billion and 15th
- The oldest billionaire is L’Oreal heiress Liliane Bettencourt (93) with a net worth of $29 billion. She was ranked 17th.
- The youngest billionaire is Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg (31) with a net worth of USD 42.8 billion and was ranked 8th.
3 well known Indian names listed in the wealthiest people list viz. Mukesh Ambani with net worth of USD 24.8 billion and was ranked at 27th place.
- He was followed by Azim Premji, who was ranked at 43rd position with net worth of USD 16.5 billion and Dilip Shanghvi with assets worth of USD 16.4 billion and was ranked 44th.
Here is the list of Top 10 Richest people in World
|1||Bill Gates||Microsoft||$87.4 billion|
|2||Amancio Ortega||Inditex||$66.8 Billion|
|3||Warren Buffett||Berkshire Hathaway||$60.7 Billion|
|4||Jeff Bezos||Amazon.com||$56.6 Billion|
|5||David Koch||Koch Industries||$47.4 Billion|
|6||Charles Koch||Koch Industries||$46.8 Billion|
|7||Larry Ellison||Oracle Corporation||$45.3 Billion|
|8||Mark Zuckerberg||$42.8 Billion|
|9||Michael Bloomberg||Bloomberg L.P.||$42.1 Billion|
|10||Ingvar Kamprad||IKEA||$39.3 Billion|
As per the list, the United States is home to 29 billionaires, only 4 billionaires from China and 3 from India made the top 50.
- At least $14.3 billion is required to mark the name in the list.
- Wealth-X collects information on more than 110,000 ultra-high-net-worth people by tracking each person’s assets, investment performance and other factors.