Welcome to Online Quantitative Aptitude section in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample From Data Interpretation that is important for all the competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in exams.
(Q.no: 1-5). Study the table carefully to answer the questions that follow:
Distance(in Km) travelled by six cars on six different days of the week.
- What is the difference between the average distance covered by Car D in all the days together and the average distance covered by all the cars together on Saturday?
E.None of the AboveAnswer – C. 27.16
Average distance covered by Car D in all the days together = 1795/6 = 299.16
Average distance covered by all the cars together on Saturday = 1632/6 =272
Difference = 299.16 – 272 = 27.16
- If the speed of the car A on Monday was 19.2 Km/hr, and the speed on Wednesday was 20 Km/hr and on Friday was 30 Km/hr. What was the approximate average time taken(in hours) by it to cover the distance on given days?
E.None of the AboveAnswer – D.13 hours
Required Time(Monday) = 240/19.2 = 12.5
Required Time(Wednesday) = 324/20 = 16.2
Required Time(Friday) = 366/30 = 12.2
Average time taken by Car A in given days = (12.5 + 16.2 + 12.2)/3 =13.63
- If to travel the given distance, the time taken by Car B on all the days was 8 hours, What was the average speed of the Car on all the days together?
A. 45.27 kmph
B. 35.29 kmph
C. 25.27 kmph
D. 15.26 kmph
E.None of the AboveAnswer – B. 35.29 kmph
250/8 = 31.25 kmph ; 264/8 = 33 kmph ; 294/8 = 36.75 ; 300/8 = 37.5 ; 302/8 = 37.75 ; 284/8 = 35.5
Average Speed of Car B on all the days together = 35.29 kmph
- Total distance travelled by all the cars together on Friday and Saturday is what percent of total distance travelled by all the cars together on Monday and Tuesday?
E.None of the AboveAnswer – A.94%
Total distance travelled by all the cars together on Friday & Saturday = 1786 + 1632 = 3418
Total distance travelled by all the cars together on Monday and Tuesday = 1765 + 1838 = 3603
Required % = (3418/3603)*100 = 94%
- If on Tuesday, Car C and Car E travelled at the same speed, what was the ratio of the time taken by Car C and that taken by Car E to cover their respective distances?
A. 161 : 173
B. 173 : 159
C. 154 : 159
D. 161 : 154
E. None of the AboveAnswer – C. 154 : 159
= 154 : 159
II. Directions (Q. 6-10): Study the graph carefully to answer the questions that follow:
Percent profit made by two companies over the years.
Percent Profit = [(Income – Expenditure)/Expenditure]*100
- If in the year 2004 the expenditures incurred by company A and B were the same, what was the ratio of the income of company A to that of Company B in that year?
A. 25 : 26
B. 26 : 27
c. 20 : 21
D. 27 : 28
E. None of theseAnswer – D. 27 : 28
Let Expenditure = Rs.100
Income(A) = Rs. 135
Income(B) = Rs. 140
Ratio = 135 : 140 = 27 : 28
- What is the sum of the average per cent profit earned by company B and A over all the years together?
E. None of theseAnswer – B. 79.16
Average per cent profit earned by company B = 235/6 = 39.16
Average per cent profit earned by company A = 240/6 = 40
Sum = 79.16
- If the amount of profit earned by company A in the year 2007 was Rs.1.5 lakhs, what was its expenditure in that year?
A. 3.75 lakh
B. 4.50 lakh
C. 9.25 lakh
D. 5.75 lakh
E. None of theseAnswer – A. 3.75 lakh
1.5 * (100/40)= 3.75 lakh
- If in the year 2008, the incomes of both companies A and B were same, What was the ratio of expenditure of Company A to the expenditure of Company B in that year?
A. 14 : 15
B. 13 : 14
C. 15 : 16
D. 13 : 15
E. None of theseAnswer – D. 13 : 15
Expenditure (A) = x *(100/150) = (2/3)x
Expenditure (B) = x *(100/130) = (10/13)x
(2/3)x : (10/13)x = 13 : 15
- What is the ratio of the amount of profit earned by company A to that by company B in the year 2009?
A. 2 : 3
B. 4 : 7
C. 11 : 15
D. Cannot be determined
E. None of theseAnswer – D. Cannot be determined