On 1st July 2020, The ‘Accelerate Vigyan’ (AV) scheme for research internships, was launched by the Union Government’s Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB).
Objective:- To encourage high-end scientific research and prepare scientific manpower which leads to research careers and knowledge based economy.
Portal:- www.acceleratevigyan.gov.in was also launched while launching the scheme & we can get more information about the scheme “Accelerate Vigyan” in this portal.
- It identifies research potential, mentors and helps in training on national scale.
- It will organise about 1000 High-end Workshops to provide opportunities to about 25000 doctoral & Post Graduate (PG) students in next 5 years
- The SERB will launch an application to attain early success.
- Accelerate Vigyan works on mission mode, particularly during consolidation or aggregation for scientific events.
- The Inter-Ministerial Overseeing Committee (IMOC) involves scientific ministries and countries for supporting SERB in implementing AV successfully.
- The AV seeks to garner social responsibility for the scientific community.
- It has started to call applications for the process under ABHYAAS scheme for Winter .
The Abhyaas scheme is an initiative to boost research and development across the country. The main components are:
i) KARYASHALA- High-end workshops,
ii) VRITIKA- Research Internships.
- The new component under AV is SAMMOHAN which is sub-divided into: ‘SAYONJIKA’ and ‘SANGOSHTI’.
- SAYONJIKA is an open-ended program to catalogue the capacity building activities in science and technology supported by all government funding agencies in the country. SANGOSHTI is a pre-existing program of SERB.
Goals to Expands research:-
- Consolidation/aggregation of scientific programs,
- Initiate high end orientation workshops,
- Create opportunities for research internships for those who don’t have access to resources.
SERB works under “Department of Science & Technology”.
Headquarters: New Delhi, India
Secretary: Prof Sandeep Verma