Welcome to Online Reasoning Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating Best question samples from Seating Arrangements with explanation, which is common for competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in bank exams !!!
I. Study the following information carefully to answer the given questions.
Eight members P, Q, R, S, T, U, V and W of a family are sitting around a circular table with all of them facing outwards. Each one of them like different brand of bikes viz. TVS, Yamaha, Hero, Honda, SUZUKI, KTM, Bajaj and Royal Enfield. Three married couples are there in the family.
P who is the father of U and uncle of V, sits to the left of the person who likes TVS. U is an immediate neighbor of her aunty W who does not sit next to S. R does not like Royal Enfield or Bajaj. W is the only sister-in-law of P whereas Q likes KTM and daughter-in-law of R. The two youngest members sit next to each other. The one likes the Yamaha sits between V and the one who likes SUZUKI. V is third to the left of S. The one who likes KTM sits between the persons who like Bajaj and Royal Enfield Respectively. S’s husband and son sit next to her. Honda is not liked by V’s father. V does not like Hero or Bajaj. S is the mother of P and T, and sits second to the left of T.
- Which of the following statements is true regarding the family?
1. P is the brother of W
2. R is the father-in-law of P
3. Q is the aunty of V
4. U and V are married couple
5. None of the AboveAnswer – 3. Q is the aunty of V
- Who among the following sits between Q and the one who likes Yamaha?
5. WAnswer – 4. V
- What is the position of the person who likes Honda with respect to the one who likes KTM ?
1. Third to the right
2. Second to the left
3. Immediate left
4. Third to the left
5. Fourth to the leftAnswer – 1. Third to the right
- Who among the following likes Hero?
5. TAnswer – 5. T
- Which of the following options represent a pair?
1. Y, X
2. W, T
3. W, R
4. S, U
5. None of the aboveAnswer – 2. W, T
II. Study the following information carefully to answer the given questions.
Ten persons from ten different cities viz. Delhi, Jaipur, Patna, Indore, Mangaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Raipur and Sri Nagar are sitting in two parallel rows containing five people each, in such a way that there is an equal distance between adjacent persons. In row 1- A, B, C, D and E are seated and all of them are facing south. In row 2 – P, Q, R, S and T are seated and all of them are facing north. Therefore in the given seating arrangement, each member seated in a row faces another member of the other row.(All the information given above does not necessarily represent the order of seating in the final arrangement.)
The person from Indore sits to the immediate right of Q. P faces one of the immediate neighbors of the person from Jaipur. D faces one of the immediate neighbors of the person from Patna. S is not from Patna. D is not from Mangaluru. R sits second to the left of the persons from Sri Nagar. A sits third to the right of person from Chennai. Only One person sits between the person from Raipur and Q. C sits to the immediate left of the person who faces Q. Only two people sit between B and E. The person from Mangaluru sits second to the right of the one who faces S. S does not sit at an extreme end of the line. One of the immediate neighbors of the person from Mangaluru faces Raipur. P does not face A. The person from Delhi sits second to the right of the person from Bengaluru.
- Who amongst the following faces the person from Hyderabad?
1. The person from Delhi
3. The person from Chennai
4. The person from Raipur
5. B or EAnswer – 5. B or E
- T is from which of the following Cities?
5. MangaluruAnswer – 3. Hyderabad
- Which of the following is true regarding C?
1. C sits an extreme end of the line
2. None of the given options is true
3. C is from Bengaluru
4. The person from Indore faces C
5. The person from Hyderabad is an immediate neighbor of CAnswer – 4. The person from Indore faces C
- R is related to Indore in the same way as C is related to Jaipur based on the given arrangement, To who amongst the following is T related to the following same pattern?
2. Sri Nagar
5. RaipurAnswer – 3. Patna
- Who amongst the following sit at extreme end of the row?
1. The person from Delhi and R
2. The persons from Bengaluru and A
3. A and the person from Patna
4. The persons from Chennai and Patna
5. A, EAnswer – 2. The persons from Bengaluru and A