Welcome to Online Reasoning Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating Best question samples from Puzzles and Miscellaneous Questions which is common for competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in bank exams !!!
Q (1-5) Study the given information and answer the following question
8 persons – A, B, C, D, E, F, G, and H are sitting at a square table having Eight vacant seats. Four persons sitting at corners are facing center while four persons sitting in the middle of sides are facing away from the center. They are having different ages. Those who are sitting at the corners are having the ages multiple of 4. Those who sit in the middle of the sides are having the ages in the multiple of 5.
A sits second to the right of the person whose age is 12 years. D is an immediate neighbor to A. Two persons are sitting between D and H. Person whose age is 25 is an immediate neighbor of H. Only one person sits between F and the person whose age is 25 years. B sits second to the right of F. E sits to the immediate right of C. E’s age is 35 years. F is elder than B but younger than E. C is 12 years younger than A. H is elder than B but younger than F. Sum of ages of C and G is equal to H. D is elder than C but younger than G.
- What is the age of G?
5. Either 12 or 16
Answer – 3. 16
- Which of the following statements is true as per above arrangement?
1. G’s age is 14
2. Two persons sit between F and D
3. D is elder than F
4. A is 8 years elder to G
5. None is true
Answer – 4. A is 8 years elder to G
- What is the difference between the ages of the eldest and youngest persons among them?
Answer – 1. 23
- Which of the following pair is incorrect as per arrangement?
Answer – 2. H-26
- As per arrangement if H is related to 25, G is related to 15 then A is related to?
Answer – 5. 35
- Statements: A≥B; C>D; A≥E; B≥C; F≤B
1. Only I is true
2. Only II is true
3. Only III is true
4. Only IV is true
5. None is true
Answer – 4. Only IV is true
- Statements: All pens are books. Some books are tables. No table is a chair
I. All chairs being pens is a possibility
II. No chair is a book
III. All pens being not tables is a possibility
1. Only I follows
2. Only III follows
3. Only I and III follow
4. Only II and III follow
5. None follows
Answer – 3. Only I and III follow
- Six persons –A.B, C, D, E, and F are attending Yoga classes from Monday to Saturday. Who among them is attending on Monday?
Statement I: Two persons are attending between F and C. Only one person attends between C and E. B attends on Friday. C attends before B. D and A attends yoga classes on consecutive days.
Statement II: B attended on one of the days after Wednesday. Two persons attend between B and D. E attends immediately after B. A attends classes before B but after D. only one person attends between A and F
1. Statement I alone is sufficient to answer
2. Statement II alone is sufficient to answer
3. Either Statement I or Statement II is sufficient to answer
4. Both Statement I and Statement II are necessary to answer
5. Both Statement I and Statement II are not sufficient to answer
Answer – 3. Either Statement I or Statement II is sufficient to answer
Solution: F attends on Monday
- In a certain code,
‘ girls sings boy plays’ written as ‘kis kip zis den’
‘plays chess boy music’ written as ‘ata den tiv kis’
‘music plays with sings’ written as ‘tiv bis kis kip’
What is the code for the ‘with boy’?
1. den bik
2. den kis
3. zis kis
4. den bis
5. Cannot be determined
Answer – 4. den bis
- Statement: Should Philippines ban Dengavaxia vaccine, which is a vaccine to prevent Dengue?
Argument I: Yes, Sanofi Pasteur a French company proved Dengavaxia is harmful to health
Argument II: No, Philippines is the first country to prepare vaccine named Dengavaxia to cure Dengue
1. Only argument I is strong
2. Only argument II is strong
3. Either I or II is strong
4. Neither I nor II is strong
5. Both I and II strong
Answer – Only argument I is strong
Despite Philippines is the first country to prepare vaccine if it is harmful it should be banned