The Prime Minister Narendra Modi to inaugurate the three-day 3rd Edition of Asia Ministerial Conference on Tiger Conservation in New Delhi.
- More than 700 tiger experts, scientists, managers, donors and other stakeholders are gathering to discuss issues related to tiger conservation.
- Ministers and government officials from all Tiger Range Countriesare participating in the conference.
- While several Tiger Range Countries like India, Nepal, Russia and Bhutan have registered an increase in tiger population, the status of Tiger remains endangered. Tiger population has decimated to non-viable level in some range countries, which is a cause for concern.
The Government has allotted 380.00 crore to the Project Tiger in the current fiscal year, which is an all-time high and indicates that the Government of India is committed to the conservation of our national animal, Tiger.
Tiger reserves of India:
- Totally 48 tiger reserves are there in India which are governed by Project Tiger which is administered by the National Tiger Conservation Authority.
- Indiais home to 70 percent of tigers in the world. In 2006, there were 1,411 tigers which increased to 1,706 in 2011 and 2,226 in 2014.
- The current tiger population isa fraction of the 45,000 that roamed India a century ago.
- Cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar and Amitabh Bachchan were appointed as the Maharashtra government’s brand ambassador for its ambitious the Tiger Conservation Project last year.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification