Welcome to the Professional Knowledge Section in Affairscloud.com. Here we are providing sample questions in Operating System. It will be useful for the IBPS SO IT officer and SBI Assistant Manager(System). We have also included some important questions that are repeatedly asked in previous exams.
- Round Robin(RR) scheduling algorithm is suitable for……
(A) Real Time Operating Systems
(B) Embedded Operating Systems
(C) Distributed Operating Systems
(D) Time Sharing Operating Systems(D) Time Sharing Operating Systems
- …… is a special system software that is used to handle process scheduling in different ways.
(D) None of the above(B) Scheduler
- Short term scheduler is a……
(A) CPU scheduler
(B) process swapping scheduler
(C) job scheduler
(D) None of the above(A) CPU scheduler
- Which one of the following scheduler controls the degree of multiprogramming?
(A) Long Term Scheduler
(B) Medium Term Scheduler
(C) Short Term Scheduler
(D) None of the above(A) Long Term Scheduler
- Which of the following is a scheduling algorithm that allows a process to move up and down between queues?
(A) Round Robin(RR) scheduling
(B) First Come First Served (FCFS) scheduling
(C) Multilevel feedback queue scheduling
(D) Shortest Job First (SJF) scheduling(C) Multilevel feedback queue scheduling
- ….. commands are automatically loaded into main memory when the booting process gets completed.
(C) Both (A) & (B)
(D) None(B) Internal
- Which of the following is an Internal command?
(D) COPY(D) COPY
- Which of the following is an example of Batch Processing Operating Systems?
(A) Lynx OS
(B) Mac OS
(D) None of the above(C) UNIX
- In DOS, TYPE command is used to….
(A) display message on screen
(B) display the contents of a text file
(C) Both (A) & (B)
(D) None(B) display the contents of a text file
- ….. process checks to ensure the components of the computer are operating and connected properly.
(D) None of the above(C) Booting