Welcome to the Professional Knowledge Section in Affairscloud.com. Here we are providing sample questions in Computer Networking. It will be useful for the upcoming IBPS SO IT officer and SBI Assistant Manager(System) examinations. We have also included some important questions that are repeatedly asked in previous exams.
Download DBMS Q&A PDF for IT Officers
- An addressing method in which the IP address space is not divided into classes?
(A) Classful addressing
(B) Classless addressing
(C) Classless IDR
(D) None of the above(B) Classless addressing
- The number of differences between the corresponding bits in a two data words is known as…… distance
(D) None of the above(B) Hamming
- An Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) request is
(D) None of the above(C) broadcast
- The splitting of a message into multiple packets at transport layer is known as….
(D) None of the above(B) Segmentation
- RARP stands for……
(A) Reverse Address Resolution Protocol
(B) Reverse Address Routing Protocol
(C) Reverse Address Reflexive Protocol
(D) Resource Address Resolution Protocol(A) Reverse Address Resolution Protocol
- The loss of signal’s energy due to the resistance of medium is called……
(D) None of the above(B) Attenuation
- In Wireless LAN’s, a time interval between two frames to control access to the channel is called…..
(A) Interframe space
(C) Interior routing
(D) None of the above(A) Interframe space
- An array of switches that are used to reduce the number of cross points is called…..
(A) singlestage switch
(B) dualstage switch
(C) multistage switch
(D) None of the above(C) multistage switch
- An application protocol of TCP/IP that allows remote login is known as…….
(D) None of the above(B) NVT
- TFTP stands for……
(A) Trivial File Transfer Protocol
(B) Temporary File Transfer Protocol
(C) Trunk File Transfer Protocol
(D) Transparent File Transfer Protocol(A) Trivial File Transfer Protocol