India and Bahrain signed an agreement to strengthen their ties in key areas like trade and counter-terrorism. The India-Arab League Cooperation Forum meeting was held in Bahrain. The meeting was held between the Indian External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and Bahrain’s Foreign Minister Khalid bin Ahmed Al Khalifa.
Highlights about the Tie
- Both the leaders vowed to boost ties between the two nations.
- The two leaders signed the agreement on the transfer of sentenced persons.
- The Discussion includes the security of both the nations and to strengthen ties in security, counter-terrorism and trade.
- According to the pact, once an expatriate has been sentenced in the other country, the sentence can be served in the country of origin.
- They discussed the possibilities of concluding the pending agreement
- India invited the Bahraini to participate in India’s flagship Make in India programme.
Other Events of the Bahraini Visit
- It was a two-day visit by External Affair Minister Sushma Swaraj to attend the first ministerial meeting of the India-Arab League Cooperation Forum.
- During the visit Ms Swaraj watched India’s indigenously developed Dhruv helicopters and Tejas Light Combat Aircraft perform aerobatics in the skies.
- Swaraj also visited the India pavilion at the air show where the scientists gave the minister a briefing on Tejas.
- Both the leaders with their respective delegations visited Shrinath temple.
Some Key Points
- Prime Minister of Bahrain- Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa
- Capital of Bahrain: Manama
- Currency of Bahrain: Bahraini Dina